Lip Stains

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
egerandi

Re: Lip Stains

Post by egerandi » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:15 am

Stain + matching gloss = brilliant idea! I like the gloss for portability, for touching up the stain while out on the town - try re-applying the stain with fingers without a mirror, clown heaven :D

I also second the idea of a more pinkish (like soft) color, and suggest a more fuchsia-like one as well.
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:27 pm

I lovelovelove the stain! I pop it on just before doing my mascara and eyebrows, then by the time I'm done it's usually 'set' so I can put either a balm or pinky gloss on top. I'll definitely be ordering more of this its such a great red. It is very pigmented but as long as you put it on right it looks brilliant! I'd love to try a pinkier version, and a slightly plummy one, something similar to Berry Nice maybe?
~~Sarah~~
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Yeah it definitely works as a gloss. I mushed up a milimeter's worth of Coconut Lip Balm with a dab of Cherry Red and it makes my ideal red sheer gloss. Over the stain itself, although too strong for me to wear, it does look *amazing*.
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:13 pm

I really did not like the colour of this, it was way too bright/cool on me (I am a fair skinned blonde though, probably on someone with different colouring it could look good. On me it looked fluoro red - I applied it when I had to go out and had to scrub/apply heaps of lipstick over the top to cover it up, lol!). I would definitely buy a 'your lips but better' colour in this formula though :)
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:27 pm

OK- I tried the lip stain. I did it at home, because I had read the other reviews. It's just too bright for me, I think. It's too cool-toned, too. My best MLBB tends to be Jaybird, Rhapsody, and Iced Mocha in the Liquid Gloss formula. I can wear cooler colors, but for a stain, I think I'd like an everyday color that looks natural on me.

I would LOVE a color like LORAC's Sheer Magic, though. That's just the right shade for me.

http://www.loraccosmetics.com/p-67-shee ... tfont.aspx
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
tierra

Post by tierra » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:08 pm

i found this thread when doing a search. any hope of the stain(s) coming back??? i never got to try the gumball.
i'd loooooove a long wearing formula from you, karen! ;) :)
selki

Post by selki » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:30 pm

I also missed the original samples of the lipstains & have been wondering the same thing -- will the lipstains be coming back anytime soon? Also, could we get some in a vegan formula if they do make a return?
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:42 am

I would love a nice lip stain that stays PUT! And I mean really stay on, through eating, drinking, talking etc.

This month, I'll be doing more training demos with the dogs & I don't want to have to whip out a lippie in order to keep some color on my lips, especially since I'll be in front of a lot of people, especially police officers.

Although a lipstick probably would go nice with the handcuffs, dog treats, training pistol with laser sights & dog leash hanging around my neck. :D
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair