Lip Stains

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
sewwies

Lip Stains

Post by sewwies » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:59 pm

I love the SN glosses, but when I'm out on a night out I like to have put a stain/tint on first, so that when they wear off i don't look 'undone'!

I've tried mixing the blushes with water but they don't seem to stick around as long as tints
~~Sarah~~
zeebs

Re: Lip Stains

Post by zeebs » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:30 pm

yeah! I want lip stains too! I am hesitant to use products from other companies because a lot of lip stains seem like magic marker.... I'd rather have a natural one I can trust, if it's possible.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:53 pm

I've seen a lot of feedback about the Fyrinnae Lip Lustre (stains). Although I've not tried them, they look good but their reviews are so wildly mixed that it's off-putting. Maybe Sewwies is thinking about a product in that genre? I'd definitely rather buy from karen but I'm happy enough with the glosses. Interesting idea though.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:18 am

I did get some water soluable dyes- but haven't gotten to play with them much. They would have to be dyes though- I've tried some all-natural fruit based pigments but they're only water soluable and they don't actually stain. I'm not sure if I can pull it off, but I'll dabble at it.

It looks like the Fyrinnae ones are a liquid gloss...relatively standard butters and oils- but with that much mango butter and pigment I'm guessing they're a little bit thicker feeling than a regular liquid gloss. I'm also thinking about something along the lines of the OCC Lip Tars- although I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around them (formula- not much of a problem...but they're weird).
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:53 pm

terra firma has some nice ones- bloom is my favorite. it's flavored with almond/amaretto extract. Their list of colorants is Beet Juice, Red Wine Powder, Cranberry Juice Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Dioxide, Hibiscus Flower Powder. i know karen said she can't use the preservative that they do though.

i also have several of the commercial marker stains and yes- they are pretty essentially a marker. I like them but they taste gross. *All lip stains i've ever tried are drying but i just layer lip balm overtop.

i'm a little intimidated by the lip tars- for one thing, i'm too lazy to mix a fresh color everyday- i know it's not difficult, i just don't want to.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
mlle.gnome

Post by mlle.gnome » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 am

I also would like to see a lip stain, and would love to be a tester if need be :) I also use the marker kinds... Ive used one from Avon that was a perfect lip color pink, and currently use one from Covergirl (bah!) called Everbloom i think, it actually tastes like little girls lippies. Would love to see a natural one, and for me, lipstains don't last that long anyways, but they're fun :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:43 am

Xarata wrote:terra firma has some nice ones- bloom is my favorite. it's flavored with almond/amaretto extract. Their list of colorants is Beet Juice, Red Wine Powder, Cranberry Juice Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Dioxide, Hibiscus Flower Powder. i know karen said she can't use the preservative that they do though.

i also have several of the commercial marker stains and yes- they are pretty essentially a marker. I like them but they taste gross. *All lip stains i've ever tried are drying but i just layer lip balm overtop.

i'm a little intimidated by the lip tars- for one thing, i'm too lazy to mix a fresh color everyday- i know it's not difficult, i just don't want to.
Thanks for the recommendation! They are a little more expensive than what I usually buy, but they look really nice.
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Yeah they're not the yummiest, I'm using the Bourjois Rouge Hi-Tech one at the moment, it's cheaper than benetint! The terra firma one sounds interesting, it's just so nice to be able to stick on a lip balm or clear gloss without a mirror but not looking all pale lipped
~~Sarah~~
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:16 pm

I may have a rough prototype...finally. Hopefully I'll have a gumball ready after the sale!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:54 pm

Ooo can't wait to try it! You're so speedy!
~~Sarah~~