Question about lotion bars...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
egerandi

Re: Question about lotion bars...

Post by egerandi » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:48 pm

So the packaging fairy (thanks, Susan!) slipped one in my bag and I got to use it this morning. Oh my! I don't know if it was single use or not, but my skin must have been parched and I just used it all, heh. I can't stop touching my arm :D

This got me thinking, especially for traveling purposes, how about small single use pieces in foil? Something like the gumball was or maybe a bit smaller: fits in your palm and you can use it as a small barsoap. That way there is no risk of mold if you leave it in the shower because it's all gone, and it's smaller, so you don't have to pack a big bar or container when you travel, overnight, whatnot. Or offer both? I would love to have it as deodorant bar for home and single use cubes for traveling.
selki

Post by selki » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:45 am

I've used my lotion bar & like it a lot. I use it differently than how it was intended, though. I keep mine by the kitchen sink & use it on my damp/wet hands as a hand lotion. I've constantly got my hands in water, & they always need extra-special moisturization, so the bar works well for that.

Really, I guess I could use it in any form, & I'd use any of the previously suggested forms. I would also like to see a container for the bar form, though (plastic, or perhaps a tin similar to what the Chagrin Valley Soap lotion bars come in). Maybe the container could be sold separately (or as an add-on option to the bar), so only those people who want it have to order it (plust it could be re-used), & the lotion bar could just be appropriately shaped to fit in said container.
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
heidiv23323

Post by heidiv23323 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:31 am

I would love to see the lotion bars come in a stick form. It would be so much easier to apply :) Would it be possible to scent these? It really helped to soften my dry areas when used after a shower.

Heidi
jade

Post by jade » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:30 am

I haven't tried this, but packaging wise a lotion bar or tube stick would be great! If its in bar form it shouldn't be too hard to just slice off a chunk of it for travelling :)
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:36 pm

I would like to put a vote in for a tube or tub of this. I've used it a few times this week and the bar is a little tough to work with. Thanks!
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Well, the Mystery Adventure Club package came with a flat squeeze bottle of the more mushy version and i have to say, i liked it better than the bar. It was essentially the exact same product but squeezable and I found it to have a terrific ease of application, i don't have to worry about it melting in my shower, and i found it easy to squeeze (i don't have arthritis, but i do have carpal tunnel and bad cartilage in the joint where my thumb meets the rest of my hand)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
tierra

Post by tierra » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Xarata wrote:Well, the Mystery Adventure Club package came with a flat squeeze bottle of the more mushy version and i have to say, i liked it better than the bar. It was essentially the exact same product but squeezable and I found it to have a terrific ease of application, i don't have to worry about it melting in my shower, and i found it easy to squeeze (i don't have arthritis, but i do have carpal tunnel and bad cartilage in the joint where my thumb meets the rest of my hand)
that sounds amazing! i'd snap that up for sure! :lol: i found the bar to be soooo moisturizing, but not greasy and really lasting. i am not in the MAC so didnt get the new version. karen, hopefully you will put this one up for sale soon! ;)
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Xarata wrote:Well, the Mystery Adventure Club package came with a flat squeeze bottle of the more mushy version and i have to say, i liked it better than the bar. It was essentially the exact same product but squeezable and I found it to have a terrific ease of application, i don't have to worry about it melting in my shower, and i found it easy to squeeze (i don't have arthritis, but i do have carpal tunnel and bad cartilage in the joint where my thumb meets the rest of my hand)
I was going to say that now that I have experienced the squeeze bottle version, I definitely would order it again.
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:11 am

ZMG! I've been lurking, but had to register to comment on this.

I would love love love a lotion BAR, WITHOUT beeswax in it. I use them in the shower all the time and love them. I store mine in a regular closable cheap plastic soap dish that I drilled two holes into the bottom of to keep water from making a pool.

I can't manage a tube some mornings because of my hands. Lotion bars are one of my must have products to manage my dry skin.

My youngest daughter uses them with every shower too.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair
tierra

Post by tierra » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:48 am

Hoyden wrote:ZMG! I've been lurking, but had to register to comment on this.

I would love love love a lotion BAR, WITHOUT beeswax in it. I use them in the shower all the time and love them. I store mine in a regular closable cheap plastic soap dish that I drilled two holes into the bottom of to keep water from making a pool.

I can't manage a tube some mornings because of my hands. Lotion bars are one of my must have products to manage my dry skin.

My youngest daughter uses them with every shower too.

hi hoyden *waves*
i just wanted to say that BOTH options would be great! although i said i'd like the tube, i forgot to mention that i really liked the bar form as well. i had never used a bar-type lotion before and really liked the experience. it was actually much nicer in the cold weather to be able to stay in the warm shower! :D