Lip stains!!

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
cclee00

Lip stains!!

Post by cclee00 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:54 am

Yes I AM a shameless greedy guts, lol. Moooore lippies! I would love more lip stains. They are so awesome on days I can't or don't feel like making a bunch of touchups (I adore the Kisser Slickers and they moisturize forever but the sheerer colors tend to fade a bit quickly on me). I know everyone has mentioned a coral and a nude stain, and I second those. A nude stain like Roxie, but rather sheerer/lighter, with perhaps a touch of pink. And perhaps some titanium dioxide or whatever it is so that the nude can actually be nude, slightly more opaque, and not just brown? I have no idea if that's possible.

I sometimes layer Chloe and Trixie for a coral stain, but I find it a bit difficult to blend two stains together properly. A bright, coral poppy-colored stain would be lovely for summer. And maybe two shades of coral! One leaning more vibrant, more....deep pink, like Zinnia, and one lighter and more peachy-pink.

And what inspired me to write all this is my discovery that Gigi is gone! I own Vamp, Chloe, Scarlet, Trixie, and Kiki (love the names, it's like a lineup of cabaret showgirls) and while building an order decided to grab a stronger pink one, and made my discovery! It's what I needed, a pink stronger than Chloe but not as fuchsia as Doll. Sadness. We need something else like it, for sure.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
bellatete

Re: Lip stains!!

Post by bellatete » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:53 am

lip stains ftw!!! i would love a nude and coral one (or more), too!

regarding gigi: i think there was a problem with the formula. if i remember correctly, in some batches the colour turned or something. mine seemed to be stable the last time i used it, but i haven't checked for a while :?
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:56 am

You may want to check that stain, bellatete, mine looked OK for a while then all of a sudden I could only get a see-through liquid out, the colour was gone. Hopefully Karen will figure out a formula that works and it will be back with the summer collection if she makes one.
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Tue May 07, 2013 4:23 am

you were right, springfairy :( i checked my gigi today, and just as you described it - no more colour. the wand is still bright pink, but the liquid just doesn't stain anymore.

what bugs me though: i wanted to use chloe instead, and guess what? that one has turned too!! it still gives colour, but not a light pink. it's now a very sheer (but buildable) plummy colour, sort of like a sheer version of vamp :? i guess it's the pink pigments, that aren't as stable as the others...
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:05 am

bellatete wrote:you were right, springfairy :( i checked my gigi today, and just as you described it - no more colour. the wand is still bright pink, but the liquid just doesn't stain anymore.

what bugs me though: i wanted to use chloe instead, and guess what? that one has turned too!! it still gives colour, but not a light pink. it's now a very sheer (but buildable) plummy colour, sort of like a sheer version of vamp :? i guess it's the pink pigments, that aren't as stable as the others...
You may want to let Karen know. She refunded mine.
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."