gel eyeliners as eyebrow fillers?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
ladycattat

gel eyeliners as eyebrow fillers?

Post by ladycattat » Mon May 23, 2011 8:17 pm

I have just put in a fun little order including the eyeliner palette. I was wondering if any of you ladies have ever used any of the brownish shades on your brows, and has it worked?
Thanks,
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
Cupcake

Re: gel eyeliners as eyebrow fillers?

Post by Cupcake » Tue May 24, 2011 7:47 am

Yes, I've used Mahogany to lightly tint the white hairs in my salt-and-pepper eyebrows and it works a treat. Just use a light touch on the hairs, not the skin. I can use the clear to style and hold stray eyebrow hairs, or the coloured one to tint. It's infinitely better than any other option I've tried (usually combining a wax and separate powder which always ends up cakey or goopy).

I've often thought that the clear liner could be imbued with the beneficial ingredients from the eyelash serum and have a light pigmentation added and it'd be a dream come true!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue May 24, 2011 3:09 pm

I used to use the clear one while I had my old brow pencils, but switched to Tarnish later. That's when my hair was still black. Now that I returned to dark auburn, I'm using Mahogany just fine. I was even gonna post as suggestion: two steps in one and putting the huge amounts we get in the pods to good use :)

My hair is still pretty dark though, so I'm not sure how that would work with your coloring. I won't even go as far as Espresso, as it would be way too dark for me. BTW, I don't really need to fill in any more, I just like to darken to match my hair: the eyelash gel has done wonders to my brows.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue May 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Yes...they should work. I've always loved Cupcake's idea of the brow groomer/healthy serum, but haven't found a way to really make it work at the moment. One of htese days...

I should get off my duff and make them in real brow colors one of these days too!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue May 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Yes, I only have the one that came with the mac. I use it everyday. It looks much more natural than the powder I was using before.
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Tue May 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Hmmmm I wonder if I could rub a bit of the clear liner on my fingers and then use it to gloss my eyelashes???? I am in massage school and laying done in the face cradle smears mascara.. so I want something that still makes my eyelashes glossy or at least a wetter look...might have to try it tomorrow! :)
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Wed May 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Seriously, I don't really like messing with the powders- if we had an all-in-one, it would be one less commercial cosmetic I would have to purchase! That would make me ecstatic!
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Tue May 31, 2011 8:51 am

Well I tried Mahogany and it did work but was a little dark-ish. My brows are really a hot mess right now as I am waiting to get them threaded a a few days before my cruise. They are all overgrown and bushy. I did try Envy last last and surprisingly-colorwise-MUCH better match. I know my avatar shows me with auburn hair, that was a while ago....right now its just a flat light brown due to a slight mishap with box color. Got another hair gig in a couple of weeks to get color and highlights, so I am trying my hardest to ignore the 1 inch ribbon of gray roots I am sporting now :oops:
But yes, happy to say the gel eyeliners work beautifully, so eyebrow gel/filler is one less thing I need to bring on the trip!
I just love products that can multi-task, and do it well!
xx
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

and Equalizer

Henry Kissinger
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:29 am

Well, post hair model gig, and my hair is now a dark chocolate cherry with contrasting highlights. I tried Expresso, and I think with a very light touch it should work. So happy not to have to go buy something else!
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

and Equalizer

Henry Kissinger
jecin

Post by jecin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:02 am

I love reading the posts in the forum and those one on using gel eyeliners as eyebrow fillers was very informative indeed!! Nice bit about the different colors for the hair too I am sure that it’ll come in useful for someone who is looking out for information such as these!!
hello