Need eyeshadow suggestions

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
allyb

Need eyeshadow suggestions

Post by allyb » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 am

Hi all! I'm fairly new to the the Silk Naturals "family" and I would love some eyeshadow color suggestions. I already have the following: Homecoming Queen, Carnival, Flutter, Pink Lemonade (sample), Mink, Propinquity, Flash, Bristol, Dark Arts (sample), Emporium and Miss You. What other colors would be good paired with what I already have on hand? I have a verrrrrry long list of colors currently in my cart, but I don't think I can spend $200 all at once . . . ;) I've posted a few pictures below to give an idea of my coloring (pretty fair, don't tan ever, so I'm pretty much the same color all year). Thanks so much for any advice!
Attachments
London Bridge.jpg
London Bridge.jpg (34.23 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
Real Madrid.jpg
Real Madrid.jpg (29.57 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
Die Marchen

Re: Need eyeshadow suggestions

Post by Die Marchen » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:13 am

Hi,

I can't get your eye color from the pics.

What colors do you usually prefer? Do you like complex looks or single washes of color? Could you please tell more, as there are so many great colors :-) you can find what you want if you define the search.

Good luck!
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
allyb

Post by allyb » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:13 am

My eyes are green. In the past, I've kept my eye color pretty "safe" but with so many beautiful options, I feel like branching out. This morning I put Miss You on the lid, Dark Arts in the crease and Bristol (I think) to highlight. Dark Arts scared me in the little sample package, but once I put it on I really liked it. I have an almost 16 month old, so getting ready in the mornings can be a bit hectic, so simple washes are sometimes all I have time for. Suggestions for pairings and washes would be much appreciated!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Oooh babies do make things hectic. I really like Mahalo- it's an easy wash that looks great with Dark Arts. Adorn is a fun one too.

What else do you have in your cart? We're pretty good at narrowing things down too :)
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:52 pm

Vineyard? I bet Frills would be cute too.
allyb

Post by allyb » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:51 am

What don't I have in my cart/wishlist right now?

Magnum (looooove the look of the week when paired with Homecoming Queen, so I must get this one!)
Cream
Idolize
Dark Arts (wearing this again today paired with Flash- love them both!)

Purrr
Retro
Sonic
Adorn
Berwick
Crush
Cutie Pie
Deco
First Kiss
Godiva
Heartthrob
Tru Luv
U R Cute
Vineyard
York
Bailey
Bonanza
Mojave
Plush
Prowl
Restless
Soiree
Trouble
Vapor
Bare
Bone
Boom
Lurid
Moonstone
Nekkid
Quartzite
Silver Lining
Storm Cloud
Taupetastic
Vanilla
Brimstone
Danny
Frenchie
Nudge Nudge
Posh
Rizzo
Sandy
Slick
Wink Wink
Hint
Naughty
Whipped Cream

I realize I'm totally all over the place with finishes, colors, etc., but everything is so darn tempting! Don't even get me started on my lip color list, that will need to be an entirely separate post.
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:21 pm

You might consider Godiva. I really like it with my green eyes. I also like Olive You and Honey, and Zest with Posse.
aperkins1

Post by aperkins1 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi! I'm adding on to this string bc its the same question...what color eye shadow should I try? :) I have green eyes that sometimes look gray. In the photo, I am wearing your eyeliner in Expresso. I'd love ANY suggestions on eye and lippies :P
Attachments
Photo on 2011-07-10 at 13.02.jpg
Photo on 2011-07-10 at 13.02.jpg (108.77 KiB) Viewed 4162 times