Questions about Liquid Lip Glosses

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
cosmeticcosmos

Questions about Liquid Lip Glosses

Post by cosmeticcosmos » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi everyone!

This is my first post and order with SN. I've picked out a few liquid lip glosses to purchase, but my list is a little long, so I have a few questions to help narrow it down.

1.) Are these liquid glosses pretty pigmented? I like bright, but not too dark colors, especially pinks and corals. Even I though I don't own any, I was hoping these to be a natural-version of a Chanel Glossimer, in terms of the pigment level and types of colors. I'm hoping they're not anything like the Burt's Bees Lipglosses which are far too sheer for me, and a little boring in the color range.

2.) Have any of you tried the following colors: Innoncent, St. Tropez, Zinnia, Summer Fling. Ginny, Lola, Delacoeur
What were your impressions? I'm hoping to shorten this list a little :)

Also, any info at all about the Liquid Lip Glosses would be super appriciated...Thanks!
egerandi

Re: Questions about Liquid Lip Glosses

Post by egerandi » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:47 pm

The pigmentation varies a bit among the liquid glosses (to my experience), but they do give a nice coverage, some more than others. It also depends on your own lip color, some will show up more than others.

I own the following, so I can comment on these:

St. Tropez - by far my favorite, almost dead on match to my lipcolor, and enhances it nicely with a bit of sheen (not glossy or frosty). The color covers the lips, but you may not even notice, it's so close to mine :) It works for many ladies on the forum, seems to be a crowd favorite. I usually pair it with Flirt or Foxxy.

Innocent - shows up as a somewhat opaque milky lavender, but not barbie pink on me. The coverage is similar to St Tropez. I like to layer it on top of Wistaria, if I want a longer-lasting coverage with a nice shine, but it's nice by itself. This is definitely a cool color that works for neutral and cool toned skins, but not sure about warm. I wear it with Stellar (hoping for a more mavue/lavender-like blush in the xmas collection :) )

Zinnia - Same coverage and look as above, gorgeous orange/peach gloss. On me it looks like something Grace Kelly would wear. It's nice paired with Lovelace.

Summer Fling - another one of my favorite liquid glosses, I wore it a lot during the summer (duh, hehe). It brightens up my face, and it's nice even just with a bit of bronzer on the cheeks. I found it have a bit thicker coverage than the ones above, and it has a tiny bit of metallic sheen to it, but I mean tiny. It seems like the darker version of St. Tropez, but there is enough difference in color and finish to justify both. Goes great with Foxxy or Climax or even Mojave (yup, the eye shadow as blush).

Ginny - it's a pretty coral gloss, but on me it almost doesn't show up. It's great for layering over Mango or other coral/orange solid glosses though, to give a bit of extra :)

Lola - covers like Summer Fling, and it's a very pretty slightly dark mauve/wine color, almost like a stain. It has a bit of shimmer to it, but not over the top. I like to layer it over my plum sticks for some reason :D

Delacour - I don't own this one, but from the looks of it, seems like the cool (as in tone) sister of Ginny.

Based on your "bright, but not too dark colors, especially pinks and corals" I would recommend you definitely get Zinnia, and St. Tropez is a must :) If you want bright pink, you should try Shrieking Violet! I love it by itself or layered over Hibiscus. For muted darker pinks, Lola and Summer Fling would work nicely.
I don't own any Chanel Glossimers either, but from the look of it, these glosses are comparable. Was there any specific color you were trying to replicate from the Chanel Glossimers?
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:27 am

If you don't want light or sheer colours ditch ginny for sure (basically showed up as clear on me) and probably delacouer, which is pretty sheer too. If you want more colour recommendations, what is your skintone like? hair and eye colour?
Check out the swatch thread as Jen ( the forum moderator) does the most awesome swatches.
In terms of the formula, they are shiny but not glassy/high shine, and moisturising but not sticky.
Welcome to the forum, and to SN, Karen and the SN team are Awesome!
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:22 am

I have only tried a couple. I really like summer fling and st. tropez.
feyith

Post by feyith » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:24 pm

St. Tropez and Lola are absolutely gorgeous, although I find the stick glosses much more convenient to use.