New Foundation Gumball

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
zooeyblue

New Foundation Gumball

Post by zooeyblue » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:00 pm

I thought I'd get this one rolling! I made my mix using the new foundation gumball. For me, it seemed I needed a bit less ivory. I use the vegan foundation normally, and my current mix is approximately 19 scoops ivory, 1 scoop buttery gold, and less than half a scoop of warm gold. (I use a teaspoon or half teaspoon normally, with 1 tsp. = 32 scoops, half tsp. =16).

For the gumball foundation, I only used 16 scoops ivory, 1 buttery g., and less than half warm g. The mixes look the same swatched on my arm.

I really love how the foundation goes on--very smooth, and I don't think I used as much. It still feels and looks good 9 hours later.

So far, a thumbs up! :D
~Tracy~
lilychemgirl

Re: New Foundation Gumball

Post by lilychemgirl » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Ooh, I so can't wait to get mine, I have a cold and am all dry and flaky :P
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
darkhairedgirl

Post by darkhairedgirl » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:36 pm

Thanks for starting this thread! I am curious what everyone thinks of the gumball foundation. I mixed mine up last night and also used fewer scoops than with the medium coverage ivory. I tried it today and didn't have a problem with it caking around my nose like I do with many foundations. It also seemed to last a little longer on me, but I had an easier day at work than usual. So far I like it!
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:26 am

I haven't tried mine yet, I love hearing what everyone thinks of it.
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:50 pm

I tried the new foundation today! My results were different than the others mentioned here, I suspect that's because I used it WET. Dry it swatched fine at a stronger ratio than normal, like the others here, but when I wet it to test on my jawline I ended up with a dark streak! :lol: Final ratio is 21 white base, not quite 1 olive, scoop of yellow booster, 1 scoop peach blush (I think it was a combo of Palace and Lovelace). it mixed very quickly with the pigments, I didn't have to shake as much as I usually do. The final result was a wee light for right now (in winter it'll be perfect), I'll probably mix one at 19 to wear for now, but within an hour it matched my neck so perfectly the only way you could tell I had foundation on was how flawless my skin looked! So, no worries really... Just keep in mind if you are gonna wear it wet or mixed into a moisturizer, swatch it that way, not dry.

After application I didn't top it with any powder because I'm trying to use everything wet so there's no dust for my eyes to get pissy over. I used a fiberoptic brush dipped in a no alcohol rose toner I use to help my skin feel hydrated. And used a concealor brush for around my nose and eyes. No concealor, no spot treatment, the foundation seemed to take care of it all! I have pics I'll post once I have them uploaded...

So far, it wears well. 6 hours later the foundation still looks great. I'm oily, but that's a given, blotting sheets would probably take care of it. But after running errands all afternoon in the heat, it is still in place, that's a big deal! I can't wait to use this in the winter when my skin is dry, when mixed with a wet brush the powder turns into this nice creamy texture that brushes on like a dream and covers all my "bleh" spots beautifully. And best of all, my face doesn't feel like it's suffocating and my eyes aren't angry from any powder! I think you have a winner here Karen, thanks so much for making a formula that applies wet! :D
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:09 pm

Okay, here's pictures!

Half face application to show coverage...

Full face application, look how smooth and even it lays! :D

If you are going to apply the foundation wet like I did, and you're trying to work out your new ratio, make sure to let it set/dry before adjusting, It shifts shades a little as it dries, as you'd expect. ;)
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:09 pm

/need!
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
darkhairedgirl

Post by darkhairedgirl » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Great pics, superwahz!! The foundation looks really natural on you.
The more I use the gumball foundation, the more I like it. I'll be really disapppointed if it doesn't become a permanent part of SN's makeup line.
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:31 am

That foundation looks very nice on you. I like how smooth it feels when applied dry (haven't done it wet since I don't have proper brush or sponge yet. But I love that we have this option). The foundation feels so light on the skin, and I agree that it doesn't feel as though my face is suffocating (even when applied dry). I really like the vegan formulas and probably will switch to both this gumball vegan and the regular vegan foundation. Since my skin has shown a little improvement recently, I don't have to cake up my face with heavier coverage (and the silk doesn't perform extremely well on my dry skin). I do hope this experimental foundation becomes part of the line. Oh..if this gumball does become permanent, then I request that a wet foundation brush becomes included in product line. :D I trust SN's brush choices, and the brushes are reasonably priced. Thanks!
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:26 pm

That is so typical, I have never gotten to try any of the gumballs and this was no exeption :lol:
It is gone from the site now.

But really fun to hear how it was from the ones who have tried the new gumball base, I love reviews, they are so helpfull.

I have some troubble with the base now as I always tend to get so dry skin in fall and winter time, so I have to search other alternatives this time of the year... But for hot summer months the silicaversion is great for me.

I am really interested to see if this gumball becomes a regular item, then I definatly will sample it.

WOW, awesome result superwahz!! Thanks for the review, it was really so helpfull. And you look beautifull btw :)