Kits???

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
karen
Site Admin

Kits???

Post by karen » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:49 pm

So waaaay back in the history of SN we used to do kits- and people really seemed to like them. They had the basics (as they were back then)- so some foundation, concealers, and perfecting powder- the bigger kit had eye shadows, a lippie and a blush. We didn't have a ton of colors, or a diverse customer base, so they were pretty easy to put together.

Did you know that there are now over 7,000 possible color combinations that you can do using just 2 of our eye shadows?

So it's a 2 part question-
A) if we brought back kits- what products would you like to see in them
b) are there specific colors that you can't live without that should be included?

I was thinking of a foundation, overall problem solver with concealers type of kit, and then maybe some color based kits as well. We can do just about anything- but I'd love to get some input about what would make your life, and shopping experience easier.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
mgmsrk

Re: Kits???

Post by mgmsrk » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:08 pm

For those just starting out I think this would work:
- a starter foundation kit

20g jar
Mixing spoon
5 sample size base colors
Full size bag of ivory foundation, choice of coverage
Perfecting powder
Sleep in a jar
Unblush

“Everything” starter kit
The above
1-2 blush
3 eye shadows
1 eyeliner
1-2 lippies
Silk or oil control powder

Possibly the kabuki and fiber optic brush.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:34 pm

I like the previous suggestions for the 2 kits, however I think you could also do some 3 shadow eye shadow kits, that include a midtone, a highlight and a darker crease/liner color , Prehaps a blues kit, a neuteral kit, a green kit and a purple kit, and then include a list of other shadows that would work well with those shadows that were in the kit.
Also I really liked your gifts for under $10, that you had last year at Christmas time, so you could always put together somemore like that, that is an easy/ inexspensive was to sample your products in a put together look. :)
Hollis
piccola_donna

Post by piccola_donna » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:45 pm

Maybe do three types of kits:

a. Introductory (sample) kits- small and relatively cheap. If you've never used the brand before this would be a nice way to see if you liked it. (Though who wouldn't?!) I know this is the kind of thing i would have bought the first time i order if i could have.

Something like:
Foundation sample (jar, spoon, base colour, colour samples)
Perfecting powder sample
blush sample
lipgloss,
maybe a concealer sample, glow sample or an eyeshadow.

b. Basic kits-
Basic foundation kit (jar, spoon, ivory colour, choice of colour/colour samples)
Perfecting powder
Blush
Sleep in a jar and unblush (or sample of each- cos it's something some people may not need to use at all, so wouldn't want to have/pay for a full size one)
Lipgloss/kissbliss
Glow (maybe)
Kabuki (maybe- really depends on what sort of price bracket you want them to be in)

c. Colour kits-This is where it gets fun. I'm really really gunning for kits that help you recreate a look, like a natural day look, smokey eye look, or summery look, those kinds of thing. I think what it would contain would depend on what the look was.

For example: Natural day look
Blush
lipgloss
2 eye colours to create the basic two colour eye look
a little set of instructions telling you what to do to create the look- like the two colour eye instructions

i think this would be really fun and it would be great for a bit of inspiration. Or maybe its just me getting very excited at the idea of designing make-up looks. I have give this rather too much thought. :oops:

Would the kits come with set colours, or would customers have a choice of what colour they want to put in them? I would think with basic kits people would want to choose their own colours, (though maybe cool/warm kits would work), but with colour kits you could have set colours for creating the look.

Anyway that just my two cents. Hope it's helpful.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:37 pm

1. Beginner Foundation Kit
- foundation samples (all colors) in choice of coverage
- mixing jar and spoon
- unblush sample
- sleep in a jar sample
- perfecting powder sample
- silk powder sample
- application brush (kabuki or otherwise)

2. Premium Beginner Kit
- all of the above, plus:
- 2 lippies (Breathless? + universal pink color?)
- 2 blush (Climax + ???)
- 2 shadows (neutral brown + neutral highlighter?)

3. Eye Kits
- highlighter
- mid tone
- deep color
- liner

4. Face-in-a-Bag Kits
(for a coordinated look - could be seasonal, or occasional, or otherwise. I'd like to see seasonal offerings as well as basics like "smokey eye", "business wear", or "sunday brunch")
- 1 lippie
- 1 blush
- perfecting powder sample
- 2 shadows

For all kits, remember to put together kits for both warm and cool complexions of all shades.
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi, love the idea of kits.
I think that with any kit that has a blush, lippie or e/s, that the customer should be able to choose the shade. So many of us already own so much, that we wouldn't want to duplicate shades.
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
ldlredhen

Post by ldlredhen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:55 pm

I'd love to see coordinated eye shadow duos or trios. :) Sometimes I'm not the best at knowing what colors will go well together!!! :)
Visit my makeup blog at http://redsnapper.vox.com :)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:03 am

I'm working on a few things...the "look in a box" one has been fun! I can't talk about a lot of stuff, but I'm listening, and loving the ideas!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
packgal

Post by packgal » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:42 pm

well, i was working on a huge post that just got deleted when i tried to preview it :(
i don't have time to redo it all, so i'll just share the basic idea--
along with the kits with foundation, i think SN should really highlight all of the "collections" they have to offer. Along with the Geo and the Chanel ones, the BB Raspberry one should be outlined, as well as collections that include the morphing shadows, the recommended smokey eye (storm cloud, silver lining, raven or sailor), the Camoflauge trio recommended on the Gator Gold page, etc.
i love that on the newer product pages there is a "related products" tab showing coordinating colors. i think they should be added to all the older e/s color pages as well. i spent a good while just now going through all of them, just because i was curious, and Karen has so many good suggestions--but i noticed that the suggestions aren't always listed on BOTH of the products pages (for instance, on the Teal Appeal page, Breathe is a recommended duo color, but Teal Appeal isn't mentioned on the Breathe page). really, to have the creator of the colors list suggestions is awesome and i think a "related products" tab should be on every eyeshadow page. i had listed them all out and i'm sorry they got erased :( i had no idea that Ocean would work with so many colors.
rhys and sam had some awesome suggestions for more collections back on the "Update on MOAC Wave 2" thread too...
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:33 pm

I agree. I'd like to see all of the suggested color combinations listed & swatched in an easy-to-use manner.

That could either be on the pages for each color, or in a separate section.

Also sometimes there aren't pictures of the swatches on the lip gloss pages. I see swatches of other colors but not the one I'm looking at!