Eyeshadow samples?

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
JeiaMoore

Eyeshadow samples?

Post by JeiaMoore » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:38 pm

I'd like it if SN would consider making eyeshadow samples available (like the ones they used to give out as free gifts) :D . I realise it's extra work for the SN team but I'd be happy to pay for samples. I think I'd be a lot more adventurous about buying more often and trying different colour choices if I could test the colour before getting the full size.

I know you can return the shadows if you aren't happy with the colour, but if you are international like me it can cost nearly as much to return them as they cost in the first place (as well as the hassle). Plus maybe it sounds silly but I don't like the idea of SN losing money on returns just because a colour looks bad on me (since there's nothing wrong with the product itself) :( .

Just an idea, but maybe worth consideration :? . Anyone else like to see eyeshadow samples?
mgmsrk

Re: Eyeshadow samples?

Post by mgmsrk » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:16 pm

I would like samples for the same reasons as you but I can also understand why they stopped doing them. I also wonder if it would be possible to price the samples so that they would be worth it. I have seen other companies who sell their e/s at $10-15 for a 5g jar and the samples are $1.5-3. Since SN sells their e/s for only 3.75 that is a pretty good deal. My plan for colors that are not just right for me is to mix them with other colors to make my own colors.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:56 am

How about offering several sets of samples... that way they could be pre-made rather than made to order.

You could offer them by color family, like greens and blues, purples, pinks, browns, taupes, etc... ?

Not sure if that would save time for the SN team but it sure would be nice to test them all before buying/returning. I'd gladly pay for them. Would be way nicer than having a whole jar of eyeshadow I'll never use and having to find a friend to give it to because I'm too lazy to return it (or the return shipping is just as much as the product itself)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 pm

Mixing them is really fun- I do it all day long- but we do have a couple of interns this summer, so we may do something on a limited basis.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
JeiaMoore

Post by JeiaMoore » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 am

Ooh wonderful! Even on a limited basis would be great, Karen. :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:22 am

I want to see all the highlight colors together in a sample kit!! Please??
JeiaMoore

Post by JeiaMoore » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:34 pm

OMG eyeshadow samples coming soon, thankyou so much Karen! :D