New to Silk Naturals - Skin Care Help

nfig

New to Silk Naturals - Skin Care Help

Post by nfig » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:23 am

Hi there! I'm new to Silk Naturals and have some questions about skin care. I was using a great serum for my skin from another etailer but they are closing permanently in March and I need to find a replacement. My skin gets very oily if the wrong product is used on it (I CANNOT use jojoba oil even though that's supposedly great for oily skin!) I get the occasional pimple or two and I have an oily T-Zone. I'm 27 years old so I have a few wrinkles starting and very dark undereye circles. I just placed my first order and this is what I got:

Sample Microdermabrasion Gel
Sample Kiss Cleanser
Sample Microdermabrasion Cream
Sample Holy Crow! Instant Wrinkle Remover
Sample Hemp Moisturizer
Sample Super Serum
Pore Refining Toner
Green Goddess Mask
Oil Control Serum

My questions are:

Are these good products for oily/acne prone skin?
What's a good serum to prevent aging?
How should I use these products together?
Are there any other products I should have tried for my skin type?

Thanks in advance for your help :-)
chaye

Re: New to Silk Naturals - Skin Care Help

Post by chaye » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:17 am

I just switched over to SN's skincare about 2 months ago and I'm loving it! I have oily T-zone too and I like most of the products that you ordered except for the Microdermabrasion cream and the oil-control serum (didn't really work on me). The base for the microderm cream is very rich and left my face with a greasy feel even after washing but I love the microdermabrasion gel. I'm using up my current facial cleanser before ordering a full size KISS cleanser. My routine:

1. Apricot cleansing oil to remove makeup or for deep cleansing (great for clearing clogged pores)
2. Foaming cleanser
3. Pore Refining Toner
4. Super Serum/Vitamin C Peptide Serum
5. Hemp Moisturizer
6. Holy Crow
Treat myself to Green Goddess and Pineapple Banana mask mixed with aspirin once a week. Leaves my face squeaky clean. :D

From the product description, both Vit C Peptide and Super Serum are supposed to help with anti-aging and I find Super Serum helps control oil too. HTH.
Lover of Tempt Tryst
eventide

Re: New to Silk Naturals - Skin Care Help

Post by eventide » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Agree with Chaye on the Microdermabrasion Gel being better for oily/ combi skin than the cream formula. I'm loving my FS tub of Microdermabrasion Gel (just used it in the shower).

I'm not sure how you are on BHA/AHA toners but I find that ever since I started on SN's ones (only at night), my combi skin secretes less sebum/ oil. I'm currently using the Firming moisturiser to help with "anti-ageing", along with facelift serum at night. In the morning it's facelift serum on my undereye area, super serum everywhere else, followed by the Firming moisturiser again.

I think it's a personal thing, but I've tried the Emu, Hemp, Raspberry, Jojoba, Intensive and Firming moisturisers. I did find raspberry & jojoba to be slightly lighter on me than Hemp.