Eyeliners

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
ayla_pug

Eyeliners

Post by ayla_pug » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:33 pm

Ok, so I have a question and request. I am wondering how should one go about determining what shade of eyeliner to use. I must confess I use blue and my eyes are blue/green and I was born a blonde, but currently am enjoying life as a red head. I like the effects of blue, but maybe I'm too 80's? I had a make over once at a make-up counter and the women used an almost plum brown on me-it didn't pop, it seemed dull, but maybe eyeliner isn't supposed to pop? I was my natural hair color at that time. So, please let me know you thoughts-Love the SN product and would love to hear people's thoughts on eyeliner. Oh yah and would love to see more eyeliner products.

Thanks everyone!
~*mikie*~

Re: Eyeliners

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:53 pm

Look at Moss! Bet you'd like it. W/blue-green eyes & wearing blue e/s, the Moss would be terrific, I think!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:37 pm

Moss is indeed a great liner colour - and I'm a pale redhead, too. Check out Mahogany (in the liners section) as well - you might say 'eesh' at first, but it is NOT a flat brown, it's really pretty.

I like Emerald and Bewitched, too (most blues won't work for me, though some do). If they work for you, try Sapphire or Poly - if you look in the general thread, there's a pic of Jen with Poly as a liner, and it really rocks!

Black is too harsh for me, and matte browns are fairly ick with my skin, too - but brown with some plum, violet, gold, or copper sparkle does work well. Not enough to make you look like a disco ball, just enough to bring the colour to life some, instead of washing you out (assuming you have anywhere near the same skin tone as me).
ayla_pug

Post by ayla_pug » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Cool Thanks ladies. I'll check those out and 'cause I'm a newbie-what is the general thread-I'd love to see the Poly :)
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:46 pm

It's the thread titled General Makeup Talk - you should be able to see the section titles when you log into the forum.

Here's the post with Jen's pic with Poly:

http://www.silknaturals.com/forum/viewt ... t=30#p1639
pinkfox

Post by pinkfox » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:36 pm

ayla_pug wrote:Ok, so I have a question and request. I am wondering how should one go about determining what shade of eyeliner to use. I must confess I use blue and my eyes are blue/green and I was born a blonde, but currently am enjoying life as a red head.
Thanks everyone!
I too was born blonde and am now auburn. It's amazing how much the change in hair color livened everything up. I always looked so washed out in my natural coloring. My eyes are blue/grey and Poly is really pretty on. I bet it would really make your blue/green eyes pop!
Lyn
Know yourself!
See Spot. See Spot Change.
See Doctor... or See Spot Kill.
educate yourself
http://www.mpip.org

Live every day as if it is your LAST chance to make someone happy!