Solid Shampoo Bars??

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
karen
Site Admin

Solid Shampoo Bars??

Post by karen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:44 am

So let's say that a certain former soap maker, turned mineral makeup maker- was pondering the idea of dusting off her soap making equipment, and maybe making some solid shampoo bars- kinda similar to the ones that Lush makes, but without SLS. They wouldn't be 100% natural- old fashioned lye soap is wonderful stuff, but it just doesn't agree with hair (the pH is too high, and I really don't want lye in the shop)- but they would be made from mostly naturally derived ingredients.

Any thoughts? Anyone interested? I'm not promising anything, but it's one of the things I've been thinking about. They wouldn't slow down the progress of MOAC wave 3.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
krenee

Re: Solid Shampoo Bars??

Post by krenee » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:18 am

With your combo of extremely reasonable prices + very high quality, I'd really love to see you go into the skin and body product realm too. I was having that very thought yesterday actually when I was browsing the Bath and Body Works summer clearance sale!!
So, this is a "yes" from me. I've looked at the Lush website before, but frankly the prices are more than I want to pay.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:34 pm

oooo i would love a black licorice one
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:47 pm

I would LOVE shampoo bars! I started using them about a month ago and they're wonderful! I'm sure yours would be just as wonderful if not better!
Go for it Karen! :D
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:42 pm

I probably would not try a shampoo bar (or anyone else's.) But if you expand into skincare, body products I would definetly be interested. I would try your regular soaps if you decided to go that route.
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:03 pm

I've been tempted to try shampoo bars before, but haven't. However, I would definitely try yours, Karen! Love the fact that they will be SLS free (if you do it!) and I like the idea that they are not liquid and therefore good for flying! And I also vote for you to venture into other skincare items too!
Susan :)
short_skirts

Post by short_skirts » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:24 am

I'd definetly be interested! I've always wanted to try them, but find Lush is a little too pricey for my taste! :D
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:48 am

Now she tells me :P

I just put in a large-ish order at Chagrin Valley for shampoo bars, because they're pretty much all I can use (it's near impossible to find SLS/SLES free up here).

So yes, once I get through the 3 pounds or so of shampoo bars I've ordered, I'd love to be able to order them from here :)
seraphim

Post by seraphim » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:17 pm

I love this idea! I LOVE lush too and I was very happy to see them make their shampoo bars SLS free :D they are on the pricier side though, so I can only have 2 in stock at any one time...haha
sc123

Post by sc123 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:55 pm

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!
There are only a few homemade soap sellers in Australia that have decent shampoo bars. And if you were to carry shampoo bars, I'll be happy to get those, despite the slightly expensive postage (well, they ARE heavy!) and I guess I'll HAVE to buy some MMU at the same time to justify it. :mrgreen: