morphing shadows

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
queenie50cat

morphing shadows

Post by queenie50cat » Fri May 30, 2008 12:23 am

Just got my latest order today. I ordered Fire-morphing shadow and haven't a clue how to use it, can someone give me some help? Thanks, J.
JenW

Re: morphing shadows

Post by JenW » Fri May 30, 2008 8:09 am

In my understanding, if you apply them over a Cream Liner or by foiling (wet your brush with water or even Visine), the interference color will be more prominent. I think primers might have the same effect.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
queenie50cat

Post by queenie50cat » Fri May 30, 2008 12:56 pm

Thanks Jen. Are the morphing shadows listed in a separate section or is Fire the only one? J.
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri May 30, 2008 2:09 pm

We don't have them listed in a seperate section, yet. Here is a list, though.

"These include Sprite, Fire, Gasp, Breathe, Opal, Nymph, Pixie, Butterfly Blue, Highbeam, Hint, Teal Appeal, and possibly even Whisper."

I took this from the 'Tips on using Cream Liners" post under General Makeup Talk.
Faves-
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Fri May 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Whisper definitely morphs. It looks lovely if you don't foil it, but when you do, it really sparkles and brings out the diamond highlights.

I think you could wear any of them without foiling or the mixing medium and they'd still be pretty - but foiling or the mixing medium brings out more of the 'oomph' and the interference pigments (the things that create the subtle sparkles and colour changes when the light hits).
queenie50cat

Post by queenie50cat » Fri May 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Thanks guys,now next question-the liner sealant is very thick, how are you mixing the morphing shadows w/ it, in a separate dish-how much do you need? I understand about using it underneath a liner or over a liner but unsure how to use w/ shadows on the whole lid. Thanks, J.
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri May 30, 2008 9:34 pm

It takes very little of the Cream Liner. I still think it will be easier to apply the cream first and then the shadow. I probably will not take the time to premix it. I am going to try putting the Cream Liner on my lid (with my finger. You know this is my preferred method for anything of creamy consistency on my eye if I don't need a fine line!). A thin coat should do. Then I plan to put shadow over the top and use it much like a primer. I think the color payoff will be better by layering than premixing.
Faves-
queenie50cat

Post by queenie50cat » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:26 am

Jen, interesting plan. I just posted under eye primer thread about what a hard time I had trying to mix the sealant w/ shadow to appy as liner. Have you had any success w/ using it to mix w/ for shadows. Thanks.
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:57 pm

queenie50cat wrote:Jen, interesting plan. I just posted under eye primer thread about what a hard time I had trying to mix the sealant w/ shadow to appy as liner. Have you had any success w/ using it to mix w/ for shadows. Thanks.
In all honesty I think the premixing sounds like a step I would not want to mess with. However, I am totally willing to give it a try both ways and take a pic this week for comparison. I am for the quick and clean method. I would most likely apply the Cream Liner with a clean brush for a fine line, or my finger for all over my lid, and then apply the powdered shadows afterward with the appropriate brush. I may find the premixing does work better, though! It sounds like a great experiment. Check back on this thread early next week! ;)
Faves-
queenie50cat

Post by queenie50cat » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Jen,Just want to make sure we're talking the same product-my container says-liner sealer and underneath that cream eyeliner. thanks, J.