Fragrances???

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
karen
Site Admin

Fragrances???

Post by karen » Sun May 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Hi,
I hope all is well and that you're loving the new colors! We shipped all of the pending orders that we had from Thursday and part of Friday- so hopefully they'll start appearing in your mail boxes pretty soon!

I'm in the pre-planning/puttering stages of round 3- and one of the things that I'm really excited about is the fragrances. I put them on hold from round 2 because I wanted to come up with a focused collection- and I just got lost in lippie land (as I do- they take me a while to create because I really like to fine-tune and test the colors on a lot of different women in real life before we put them on the site).

So- now that I'm back from lippie land what would you like to see in our line of fragrances? What types of scents do you like? I'm thinking that we'll start with just a few (trying to limit to 3-4)- and then go from there. Are any of you interested in any aromatherapy type scents- like ones to relax or stimulate- or should I focus on just fun good smelling ones for right now?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ghost

Re: Fragrances???

Post by Ghost » Sun May 18, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi Karen

I cannot wait for the fragrances. I'm on the edge of my seat. :D

I love the fruity floral scents with a hint of musk, but here are a list of the few scents I absolutely love (not as alone fragrances but as ingredients):

Sandalwood
Jasmine
Dewberry
Apple

Hope that helps
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun May 18, 2008 6:05 pm

I like fragrances that are "spicy sweet and good enough to eat" candy- not baked goods. I'm not a big fan of musks either.

-cinnamon
-candy apple (like kamasutra misbehavin' or BBW Winter Candy Apple- described as apple, pineapple, orange, and cinnamon)
-cherry
-coconut
-milk and honey(i'm in love with the burt's bees rendition of milk and honey)
-rum
-vanilla bourbon
-juniper berry

florals:
-orange blossom
-honeysuckle
-jasmine
-iris
-lavender! I do love sweet lavender (not full on aromatherapy lavender)
-pineapple sage

Aromatherapy:
these never seem to work for me so if you could make one where the recipe was designed for the effect but still smelled GOOD (say, good enough to wear around people during the day) I would totally be interested.
-headaches and sleep (and all of them on the market smell awful. Eucalyptus just is NOT a scent that calms me)
-I would totally buy a LE sinus relief one in winter (but that can totally wait til winter. lol)
Last edited by Xarata on Sun May 18, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
miyu

Post by miyu » Sun May 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Hihi the question made me realise I have absolutely no clue about fragrances, don't even know how amber smells? :mrgreen:

I like fruity ingredients, too, but as Ghost said not as sole fragrances. I like for example:

vanilla, bourbon
almond
orange blossom
cherry blossom
strawberry
guava, mango
watermelon
pear
lytchee
blueberry
cherry
sweet mint for freshness
apple
juniper
sea buckthorn (well it's in my shower gel, don't know if it would be good in a perfume :mrgreen: )
coconut for summer (only a bit of it, not 'sickly sweet')
lilies & orchids
milk & honey, too :mrgreen:
and rum :mrgreen:

That's all that comes to my mind right now but there's lots more if I sit down and think about it :mrgreen:

And yes, spicy is very good! Like what they put in those sexy fragrances *yummy*... a bit of cardamom maybe? lol you can guess I have no clue!!
miyu

Post by miyu » Sun May 18, 2008 6:33 pm

Oh and about the aromatherapy, personally I've never found an AT scent that smells good enough to wear on my body and it doesn't really have any mood changing effect on me, so I prefer just to smell good without the therapy :mrgreen: But I'm sure there's girls out there who are into aromatherapy scents.
miyu

Post by miyu » Sun May 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Some more for inspiration :mrgreen:

Narcissus
Anise
Clove <3
Caramel
Hazelnut
Cocoa
Peach

Really looking forward to what you will come up with, Karen :)
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sun May 18, 2008 8:33 pm

A dupe of Lush's Karma.

My fave perfume ever was also put out by Lush - it was called Ikon, but it's been discontinued for years. Oh, how I wish I still had a bit of that left. A note of cassis, a note of musk, a little spice, and so nice.
dreamzz

Post by dreamzz » Sun May 18, 2008 9:01 pm

I would love a dupe of Fresh's Sugar Lemon :mrgreen:
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Mon May 19, 2008 3:41 am

my fav ever is a discontinued too, rhys! "Red" by Amy Brown (Amy brown is a fairy artist. She briefly had fragrances in hot topic, "Red" was a roll-on). It disappeared without a trace. A few months ago, I emailed the manufacturers in Chicago (googled the company from the tube) and they found 9 bottles in their warehouse. I bought 5 of them (i figure by the time i get to the 6th bottle, they'll be all alcohol- after all, they've been sitting on a shelf in the warehouse for about 5 years already and i only use about 1 bottle per year). I was so excited to get my hands on some- i don't know what i'll do when i run out of it again. I think it's like a cinnamon and vanilla bourbon- i think. lol. It's kinda like redhot candy- there's no musk in it and it's not overridingly cinnamon, but it has something "spicy" and an overriding candy "sweet". My fav. ever. Can't believe they stopped making it (but isn't that how we all feel when something we love is discontinued? lol)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Mon May 19, 2008 12:38 pm

Right now my favorite is a Cotton Candy (pink sugar type) cream that I apply often. I get compliements on this one at work.

I do like vanilla (as part of the blend).