Some quick questions...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
DawnD

Re: Some quick questions...

Post by DawnD » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:48 pm

I would adore a cream concealer!!! I currently use extra light and/or light peach SIAJ. I have also used pinkish and yellow concealers in the past. I have majorly dark circles and would love a more opaque creamy concealer. It would be great to have yellow, peach and pink shades. Ever since I saw the video of using pink concealer if you have yellow skin to brighten the area I have liked the idea.

I love the luxury powder you already have and I am actually using it as a primer.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:55 pm

I'm working on a thicker more traditional cream for winter faces...right now it's really basic- almost like the Olive Oil lotion, but with a few minor modifications. There isn't anything fancy in it- it's a basic lotion, and I like it quite a bit. Personally I love Renovage, and I've been playing around with the anti-aging ingredient that's a plant-based peptide.

What would you like in the new creamier lotion? I'm thinking do one really pretty basic moisturizer with nothing super fancy, and then add some stuff to it and make a more advanced anti-aging moisturizer. Does that sound good?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:59 pm

karen wrote:I'm working on a thicker more traditional cream for winter faces...right now it's really basic- almost like the Olive Oil lotion, but with a few minor modifications. There isn't anything fancy in it- it's a basic lotion, and I like it quite a bit. Personally I love Renovage, and I've been playing around with the anti-aging ingredient that's a plant-based peptide.

What would you like in the new creamier lotion? I'm thinking do one really pretty basic moisturizer with nothing super fancy, and then add some stuff to it and make a more advanced anti-aging moisturizer. Does that sound good?
I think this sounds like a fine idea! :D
~Tracy~
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Karen,
I think at this point a simple lotion would be ideal. IF you get around to making it more fancy and anti-aging, then I would also welcome that. I love me a creamy lotion, especially now during winter. I was going to try the new olive oil or lavender hand lotions but I have been breaking out a bit and I dont want to risk irritating it even more.
As for the cream concealers, the easiest might be to keep the same colours you already have for the SIAJ, that way it is pretty much standardised...
Thanks for making fun new things! Can't wait to see the newest products!

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:40 pm

I really need a cream-based moisturiser - but I react to Renovage, so I can't use that :(

Is there enough interest to do two? One with Renovage, and the other without?
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:28 pm

I'd actually prefer a simple one for now, without the bells and whistles.
~Tracy~
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm all for simple. I've just been using jojoba oil for the last week or so because it just works :) But when it gets colder again I'm going to be looking for the simple lotion you speak of :)

And the anti-aging one...because I'm aging...

Pretty straight forward :D
Babydoll

Post by Babydoll » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:21 pm

YES YES YES to the cream concealers. They just work so much better than the powder ones for under the eye. I would also love to see a cream moisturizer. I need that extra oomph in the winter. Thanks Karen for asking the questions and actually being interested in the answers!!
LT16

Post by LT16 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:42 pm

For a Valentines collection I'd love to see:

A heavier, creamier moisturizer for winter months with no scent, please
A cream blush in a girly pink and an apricot color. With or without shimmer is fine by me!
A sheer with no shimmer soft pink, soft peach, soft red color
An eyelid base in different colors
A partridge in a pear tree :D
Kahani

Post by Kahani » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Any chance of a gel moisturiser? I have very oily skin and live in a humid country and absolutely worship ~H2O+'s Face Oasis but gosh dran the blue stuff's pricey! Clinique's DDMG isn't bad either but not as hydrating. Plain Aloe Vera gel doesn't cut it for me either - tends to make my skin oily and leave a film.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty Blogger @ http://soloverly.blogspot.com