Some quick questions...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Vroni

Re: Some quick questions...

Post by Vroni » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 am

I´d love a cream concealer in extra light peach. The powder works great for me.

About the toners: LOVE!!!! It´s so much more convient to have only a small amount shipped (germany here) and the mixing is done so quickly. I´ve been using the floral toner the last days and I really like it.
Big yes for the toners from me :D
kitten1711

Post by kitten1711 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:21 am

packgal wrote:i would be so happy for a good cream undereye concealer. light peach is the best color ever, both for my undereye circles and for the small amount of melasma i have. i use light peach SIAJ the most of anything, but would love something a little more long lasting.
Couldn't agree more :)

SIAJ is excellent for both dark circles & melasma, but I didn't get along with the powdery finish (made under my eyes look crepey) so a creamy version would be brilliant for hydrating & staying power purposes.

Txx
Pomi

Post by Pomi » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:06 am

Vroni wrote:I´d love a cream concealer in extra light peach. The powder works great for me.

About the toners: LOVE!!!! It´s so much more convient to have only a small amount shipped (germany here) and the mixing is done so quickly. I´ve been using the floral toner the last days and I really like it.
Big yes for the toners from me :D
Oh yes I hadn't thought about that...
Toner concentrates are a lot cheaper to ship, so it might be a good idea to offer a few of them in that form...
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:43 am

HI Karen,

Everything sounds great!
I would LOVE a creamy concealer. I use the light peach and that colour works like a miracle for me. I agree a yellow and the peachy ones would be best. This would allow any mixing that someone might need to do get a good colour.

The toners: I love them both! And it makes is much easier for shipping internationally. The mixing is absolutely fine for me and they feel great, and work wonderful for a fix it spray as well!. The only suggestion for us lazy girls might be for you to sell an empty bottle which could be re-used, and have it marked on it the level for the water to be added, and the toner. If that makes sense. I didn’t run into any problems, but it would be easier to have a marked bottle for future use (just as a note for some of you, if you are waiting to use up the bottle from the pore refining toner, it too small, almost 30 mls too small, so you will need a new bottle because trying to calculate the amount of water to mix and trying to get out only 60% of the toner mix might not be the best thing, you don’t want to add too much water to it…)

I do like the ULTP, is is not possible to add a few other minerals (I don’t mean trace minerals at all, that scares me) but other ones which might have other benefits? Just curious….

I would like to second (or third….) a request for cream based lotions. The gel lotion just doesn’t work for my skin. I have tried them all and for whatever reason the gel seems to make my skin feel dry and crinkly. Just a basic run-of-the-mill lotion, nothing fancy (that is what I use the serums for…) would be perfect, at least for a start. Then maybe adding in one for oiliness or dryness….but I am sad that I cannot use any SN lotions…would love if that changed!

I am interested in Rhys request for the non-vegan lip balms. I too find the vegan ones almost drying, or something, or at least less moisturising than I’d like, and it sounds like I missed out on the great lip balms, a re-issue sale might be nice.

A nice bright pink (like fearless...so sad I missed this one...) would be great for valentines! :)

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
chaye

Post by chaye » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:24 am

Thanks for making the toner concentrates. :D I'm using the citrus one and find that it works just as well as the pore refining toner. Saving on shipping is worth the mixing and its no hassle at all. As for cream concealers, I think something in the shade of Buttercup e/s will be wonderful.
Lover of Tempt Tryst
Vroni

Post by Vroni » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:20 am

(just as a note for some of you, if you are waiting to use up the bottle from the pore refining toner, it too small, almost 30 mls too small, so you will need a new bottle because trying to calculate the amount of water to mix and trying to get out only 60% of the toner mix might not be the best thing, you don’t want to add too much water to it…)
I used the bottle from the pore refining toner. But I only added 50% of the concentrate and 45ml water
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:01 am

I am super excited for a creamy undereye concealer! It's the only makeup product that I use from another company and can't wait to switch over!! The powder just didn't work for me under my eyes.
I love the ULTP powder just the way it is. It's awesome. I hope you keep making it.
Lastly I would love a (if you make some) the pink lippie to be sheer and light colored!! :D
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Vroni wrote:
(just as a note for some of you, if you are waiting to use up the bottle from the pore refining toner, it too small, almost 30 mls too small, so you will need a new bottle because trying to calculate the amount of water to mix and trying to get out only 60% of the toner mix might not be the best thing, you don’t want to add too much water to it…)
I used the bottle from the pore refining toner. But I only added 50% of the concentrate and 45ml water
I was going to do that as well!!
I even cleaned out my empty bottle but since I am so bad at these things, measuring exactly, ect..., I thought there was a very big chance that I'd end up using more than half of the toner/too much water, and I only had one shot! haha...but obviously it is possible. I guess I was mostly thinking of my self and how I had already spent much much too long in trying to figure out the measurementsImage ! everything has different measurements to what I am used to!! haha...

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
AnneShirley

Post by AnneShirley » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Karen: How dark were you thinking of making the Pink Color Booster? PMUP like soomeone else mentioned is actually very pale. It actually doesn't add too much pink to your face (if used with a fiber optic and light hand), but it miraculously evens out dark circles and ruddiness. I have only a sample jar of PMUP, but if you need me to, and I'd be happy to do it, I could send you some of it or all of it so you can see the color I'm referring to.
Last edited by AnneShirley on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthernGal

Post by SouthernGal » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:14 pm

I also vote for yellow and peach creamy concealers! (I like both the yellow and extra light peach SIAJ, but as some others have mentioned, they can really accent those fine lines & crepiness. :( )