Fragrances???

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
karen
Site Admin

Re: Fragrances???

Post by karen » Thu May 22, 2008 11:35 pm

Yes- I have to be careful with the husband too- he gets migraines from some of them. This afternoon I was going through some of the new scents I ordered, and one of them was a masculine musk scent. When I smelled it- I immediately had "impure thoughts" ;) - it was drop dead sexy. I thought about making a men's scent for a few minutes, and then I realized I wouldn't be able to let my husband out of my site if he was wearing something that good. I haven't brought any home to him- but if any of you have single brothers or sons- let me know. It's a good one.

I'm going to pull back from this thread and let you girls chat- I'm reading and taking it all in! You're all making excellent points- and I agree with you on the grapefruit- it has to be the "right" one.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri May 23, 2008 1:24 am

oh what's it called?!?!? I've been dying to find an amazing cologne for my boyfriend (should be fiancee but a promise ring doesn't quite cut it lol). He has curve crush and givenchi pi but i had a bf in highschool where i swear, half the reason i dated him was the cologne he wore. They don't make nearly enough "impure thoughts" colognes for men. lol.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Kahani

Post by Kahani » Sun May 25, 2008 5:11 pm

I'm throwing my weight behind PINK GRAPEFRUIT! I absolutely adore the line by The Body Shop but they don't bottle that delicious scent they have in their Body Butter and Body Wash. Pink Grapefruit instantly perks me up and makes me happy. =)

Another fresh scent I like (this is going to make me sound like I'm 5) is the Pink Lemonade scent Bonne Belle puts in their lipbalm. It's sweet, but with a sour citrus bite that is mmmmm....

I don't know if anyone else has suggested this, Karen, but I've always thought The Body Shop was on to a good thing with their mix and match line. Only the scents they produce are too complex and they break me out = (

How about some "note" scents that we can wear together or make a blend of, or wear alone depending on our moods along with more complex scents?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty Blogger @ http://soloverly.blogspot.com
vivify

Post by vivify » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:32 pm

Got a sample of Tease. I really like this one! The scent I had before it was Mystic and thought it was a more mature scent. Didn't like that one until it was faded a bit. Lure Beauty also has a yuzu mango besides the yuzu grapefruit that smells great.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:30 pm

I also got a sample of Tease and really like it. It is lighter than Mystic. I can't really describe the scent.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:45 pm

I'd like to see the following fragrance families represented:

1. Citrus-floral - tangerine, lemongrass, jasmine, lime
2. Refreshing floral - rose, jasmine, sandalwood, ylang ylang
3. Earthy-spicy - sage, patchouli (but not too much), pine, sandalwood, musk
4. Sweet - vanilla, almond, mandarin orange

I'd love to see a natural duplicate of Clinique Happy.
siciirose

Post by siciirose » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:10 pm

I got a sample of mystic, and it is great! I generally don't wear perfume, but would definitely wear mystic!
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi Karen, you might not be quite old enough to remember this scent, but I am sure there are a few others out there that remember the scent of Clairol's Original Herbal Essence shampoo(from the 70s). If you could do a dupe of this, I'd be in heaven!
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:43 am

Hi
I'm working on the grapefruit, and I think I've made something I love...any suggestions on a name? It's a juicy pink grapefruit scent blended with a little bit of cassis for tart sweetness.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:46 pm

I love cassis! I'll refrain from Love Potion #9 as a name though ;)