Some quick questions...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenW

Re: Some quick questions...

Post by JenW » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:26 pm

I vote extra light peach.....
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:39 pm

karen wrote:Any time you want to come over to play you're more than welcome! We're really far out in the sticks, and this time of year the weather is so iffy I'd recommend a visit closer to Spring or Summer, but I never turn down an opportunity to meet a mineral lover.

Have you tried our Ultra Sheer Zinc powder? I never played with NR, and if I mention anything about sunscreen it classifies it as an OTC drug, and we can get into big trouble, but there's a ton ton ton of zinc and titanium dioxide in the Ultra Sheer Zinc- more than you would find in pretty much any commercial sunblock. I'm pretty religious about sunblock too.

The full inci for the Zinc powder is: Mica and magnesium myrsistate (helps make it a little sweat-proof), zinc oxide, titanium dioxide. It's not tinted, but you can easily add some of the foundation colors to tint it to your liking. Peter Thomas Roth sells a decent one too.
Thanks Karen. I added a sample of the Zinc powder to my wish list for my Birthday order.

The sticks don't bother me, we go up to NY to Snowmobile & ski in the winter, then hang out on Oxbow Lake in the summer. Snow doesn't bother me. Once I have another year with my business under my belt, I want to move up onto the Tugg Hill Plateau. 200-300 inches of snow each year sounds good when you want to be able to train for the Paralympic Nordic Biathlon. I got four wheel drive, chains & dogs :D
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Light peach concealer :)
xraisonxdetre

Post by xraisonxdetre » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:00 pm

I think cream concealers would be great! I think come up with a lighter color would be smartest, but maybe also give advice on how to darken it for those of us with dark skin :D I am really liking sleep in a jar medium but I think I just suck at putting on under eye powder concealer and it looks really cakey.
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:18 pm

I would love a creamy under eye concelear! I would also love a darker version of the concelear too. The SIAJ Medium Peach is a too light for me so I have to mix some Peach base into it.
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi Karen,

I don't have a lot of answers to your questions, I don't need an under eye concealer or pink powder. And honestly...I haven't had time to mix the toner. But I will when I get home tomorrow :)

However the Ultimate Luxury treatment powder sounds interesting. I've never used anything like that, but I like the idea. One question tho, when would you apply it? I have put jojoba or some kind of moisturizer on at night, would I put this on top?

EDIT: Wops I forgot to add, Hoyden, I have Date Bait and NR and I think they are similar (well I like Date Bait better, I never could get why people liked NR so much). So maybe throw one of those in your sample order ;)
Last edited by Silverfern on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:40 pm

I need a creamy concealor in medium peach, everything else is too light. I might be able to get away with the sleep in a jar yellow if it was creamy, but I know that light peach is too light, and any thing powdery cakes into lines I didn't think I had.
feyith

Post by feyith » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Silverfern wrote:Hoyden, I have Date Bait and NR and I think they are similar (well I like Date Bait better, I never could get why people liked NR so much). So maybe throw one of those in your sample order ;)
Seconded! :)

I know the yellow is supposed to balance out redness but I find the pink adds a natural inner glow that works much better.

And the best part about mineral makeup is you can mix anything with anything.
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:22 pm

I have a sample of Petal and I have the Pick Me Up Pink from EDM, and they seem rather different to me. PMUP is very pale pink. The sample of Petal I have is darker. It doesn't look anything like the picture on the website. It also doesn't look like Benefit's Dandelion, which I used to wear all the time back when I was a regular customer at the Benefit boutique a couple of towns down the freeway. My recollection of Dandelion is that it actually would be comparable to PMUP. (Hmmmm, I probably still have a container somewhere in my stash; I will have to see if I can find it to better compare.)
packgal

Post by packgal » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:54 am

i would be so happy for a good cream undereye concealer. light peach is the best color ever, both for my undereye circles and for the small amount of melasma i have. i've found it hard to find a good concealer--i even splurged on a MAC one (the only MAC product i own ;) and i found it disappointing. i use light peach SIAJ the most of anything, but would love something a little more long lasting.

love the toner concentrates--the floral one, anyway. haven't tried the citrus yet. mixing was so easy--took 2 seconds and i was really pleasantly surprised with how much it made.

don't have an opinion on the pink booster--i'm yellow. tonight is my third time trying my luxury treatment powder...this is the first night treatment powder i've ever used, so it's still in the testing phases, but i think it sounds like you don't need to make another similar product.