Fragrances???

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
karen
Site Admin

Re: Fragrances???

Post by karen » Tue May 20, 2008 12:38 am

Those all sound yummy! I have a shipment of oils coming in tomorrow (I ordered a lot of oils, scrapped the plans I had, and then ordered all new ones...based on my research I *think* there's a good reason for it). I'm so stalking the UPS driver right now. He usually shows up early, so I'm really excited. The ad copy on the fragrance supplier's sites just leaves me drooling- the oils themselves could smell terrible- but they change "stale kitty litter" to "rich and animalistic" and my credit card takes another hit. I should know better than to get all excited- because out of 100 different fragrances- probably 90 of them won't be something that I'll use for one reason or another- but I still get excited.

Fragrances take ages to make because they have to "cure" blends really change and bloom once you start mixing them and they've set for a while- it's really alchemy. I had forgotten how interesting the process is. It's a lot more challenging than making makeup, but I've had fun with some of the things I've been working on.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ann

Post by Ann » Tue May 20, 2008 8:11 am

ohh.. speaking of fragrances.. i love the scent you added into foreplay..

i tried my best to look for the similar scent.. but failed miserably! i absolutely love it.

can you sort of make it into something?! LOL.
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed May 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi Karen

I just brought today a eau de toilette by Berkeley Square and the scent (get this) is Fig and cherry. Sounds a bit strange but it smells delicious.

I just want to eat the whole bottle, its like when you walk pass The Body Shop and think their selling desserts instead of beauty product (has anyone else made that mistake :lol: )

Anyway here is the company's website http://www.bsquare.co.uk/range.html

I woud love a frangrance like this, of course I'll be eating it instead of spraying it :twisted:
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Thu May 22, 2008 12:28 am

I guess I'm in the minority...I LOVE aromatherapy fragrances! I'm really into natural ingredients, so if maybe one could be all natural fragrances, that would be great! I find most fragrances are too strong and give me a headache. Something subtle and fresh sounds good to me too!
Polychrome

Post by Polychrome » Thu May 22, 2008 6:05 am

May I ask for a citrus-y/grapefruity scent? Fresh but with a warm base note.

I am thinking along the line of Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune. Apparently I am in the minority here but I am not big on food scents and most (actually all) men in my life downright hate them (can complicate things). Also, studies found that with grapefruit scents one is guessed ten years younger on average. If that isn't a selling point ;)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu May 22, 2008 11:52 am

Rushes off to buy a gallon of Pink Grapefruit....it's apparently true:
http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/106/108196.htm

The study actually looks like it was a good one. Sue (our shop's superwoman-she fills jars, ships,and sews the makeup bags)- wanted something citrus, and I had been going for something tangerine/kumquat/lemon-ish but I think we may need a little bit of grapefruit added in!

The rest of your suggestions sound very cool too- they're "percolating" through my brain. I have yet another batch of oils coming in today- about 50 this time- and I'm testing different bases at the moment. The cure time is killing me- they all smell so yummy that I just want to put them all on right away- but they have to sit for about a week to really "bloom" . It's kind of like how spagetti sauce tastes better the next day.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu May 22, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi Karen

I just received my package today with a sample of Mystic...............OMG Iove the smell its gorgores and sophisticated

Can't wait to buy that one
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
lostinabook

Post by lostinabook » Thu May 22, 2008 3:53 pm

Ooooooh, I would LOVE grapefruit!
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Thu May 22, 2008 10:19 pm

I second the grapefruit scent, or for that matter anything citrusy. My other choice would be for a warm spicey blend. I'm not a big fan of sweet scents, most of them give me a headache, and DH tells me that they make him nauseated, so that is reason enough in my book not to wear them, I also am not really fond of florals.

Hollis
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu May 22, 2008 11:24 pm

i love yuzu pink grapefruit! The only thing i would caution is that i've had a couple different yuzu products, and some smell better than others (For instance, sarafina's yuzu scent smells a bit sweeter than lure's). Try to find the right one! :)

tizzy- i'm not really fond of florals either. I also am not fond of the ones that smell liked baked goods. i like vanilla, and i like cinnamon but i do NOT want to smell like a cinnamon roll or a sugar cookie.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com