What about a contouring kits?

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
sewwies

What about a contouring kits?

Post by sewwies » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:21 pm

I'd love to see some kind of contouring kit, maybe even a bronzer/highlighter something a little like Benefit's 10 (except without all the nastiness!). I've just ordered a sample of beach bunny bronzer, I'll see how get on with that! I'm so pale it usually takes masses of blending just so I don't look diseased...
~~Sarah~~
karen
Site Admin

Re: What about a contouring kits?

Post by karen » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:38 pm

That's a good idea! I have a set from NARS that's like that...laguna bronzer, and some sort of white highlighter. I think you'll really love Beach Bunny- it's so light it almost doubles as a highlighter.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Beach Bunny is great if you're pale. A touch of Angel glow strategically applied can be a great highlighter - or even the glow perfecting powders, though I haven't had much time to play with those yet.
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:58 am

Yeah I'vee been playing with one of the glow perfecting powders, and they look great in the sun, it's just at night time I like them to really stand out. I'll have a play with one of the glows, and I can't wait to try my beach bunny :) I love getting my little package!
~~Sarah~~
packgal

Post by packgal » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:34 pm

i second using angel for highlighting. that's what i use it for and it's great.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:55 am

I know we can mix these on our own - but I really need help. How much lighter/darker should I mix than my usual foundation?
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:33 am

I've mixed some slightly darker (I honestly couldn't say how much darker I'm not patient enough to measure!) but when it comes to making something lighter it ends up looking a bit ghosty I can never get that bit right... maybe if i added a little perfecting glow to that... oo something to try later!
~~Sarah~~
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:43 am

Pick up a sample of Angel. Really. EVERYBODY loves that one, not just me - I promise!
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Yeah I've got some on my wish list ready for my next order :) any other recommendations for someone super pale?
~~Sarah~~
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:10 pm

I personally like something sheer for contouring- it's a little more goof proof than a deeper foundation. Tahiti Sweetie, or Drama- if it's too dark it's pretty easy to lighten with Perfecting Powder or Blur. Then just use a smaller, not super dense brush, and deepen the outer edges of your face. It depends a little on the shape of your face- I have a block head so I do the corners of my jaw, and the outer corners of my hair line. The idea is to make your face appear more oval, and to draw attention to your eyes and lips.

For highlighting I like either Angel, or Splendid if I want something a bit more subtle. Crystal is pretty on pale skin too.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten