SN Blushes: Vegan or Silk?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
zooeyblue

SN Blushes: Vegan or Silk?

Post by zooeyblue » Sat May 03, 2014 2:15 pm

I fell in love with SN years ago, but quickly discovered that the silk in the beautiful blushes (and foundation at the time) caused breakouts for me. I've been sticking to the vegan blushes since they were introduced, but there are still some colors I'd love to have again, like Wish You Were Here and Stardust.

I know the eye shadows underwent an overhaul a while back to be silk-free/vegan. I was wondering if the blushes are scheduled any time in the future, or maybe have already without notations. I recently received a sample of Petal blush, and I adore the color. I'd love to be able to wear it and not worry about breakouts. Thanks! ;)
~Tracy~
cristy_amk

Re: SN Blushes: Vegan or Silk?

Post by cristy_amk » Sat May 03, 2014 4:41 pm

I took break out from Silk :( Unfortunately that deep cystic acne that takes forever to heal. I'm always overcautious about trying new products because of skin sensitivities all around. Even finishing powders (which you figure are setting on top of my base can irritate my skin). I just recently picked up Physicians Formula Powder and after using it for about a week finally realized it's the source of the breakouts on my chin and around my jawline.

Strangely I can use Angel Glow (SN sent to me as a sample) with no ill effects but I think it's because I use such a tiny amount only to highlight on top of my base & finishing powder.

It's hard being so sensitive to certain products but I am happy to finally have product choices and also recognize and avoid things.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon May 05, 2014 11:26 am

Oh man! Right now I don't have any plans to switch the blushes over to Vegan. We have to keep silk in some things or the trademark office starts getting antsy.

Check out Shaker Cream blush- it's a nice light pink, and it's Vegan.

@cristy_amk- The glows are mainly pigment, so that might be the reason it's working for you. There is some silk in there, but not a ton.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Wed May 07, 2014 10:11 am

Thanks for the update Karen! I understand about the trademark issue. I know you are working on A LOT of projects at the moment and this summer. . . but maybe, just maybe, in the future you could do a limited run of vegan/silk-free blushes in the 5 or so most popular or most requested colors? ;) Although, I've been using the sample of Petal cautiously, and haven't had bad results yet. Maybe the layer of foundation underneath is barrier enough to avoid triggering reactions?
~Tracy~
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Thu May 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Oh!? That's why some blushes apply differently. I never saw the silk or vegan ingred. But I still love them both. :P I wore Gemini yesterday...my fave red tone SN blush. :P
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!