Valentine's Day?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
bellatete

Re: Valentine's Day?

Post by bellatete » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:52 am

i feel a bit silly stating the obvious, but how about a coffee-flavoured caffeinated lip balm? i use mine only in the morning, so coffee flavour would be just perfect. but i don't mind the mint/menthol either (also wakes me up ;) ).

as for cream shadows (wasn't the gumball more like a liquid shadow rather than cream?!), i would love to see some one colour washes, not too shimmery, more satin, pearl or demi matte. for some reason i cannot imagine this formula to work for completely matte colours, but if, that would be great too!!

i never owned or tried MAC paint pots, but painterly and rubenesque seem to be very popular (on youtube at least) and look very versatile.

and as per usual, i request once again a matte cream bronzer and cream highlighter that is less in-your-face than avalanche and pizzaz, more skin coloured and less shimmery.
Gorgeous

Post by Gorgeous » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:53 am

ooo something similar to a mac paint pot would be lovely! painterly was my fav before I went clean with my makeup!
<3 Tash & JoJo
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:20 pm

I'll third the painterly dupe!
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 pm

I love the cream shadow gumball and would definitely buy more, especially in light-to-medium shades with matte and satin finishes (though I admit the shimmer in the gumball is very nice also)
A MAC Painterly dupe would be great.

I liked the Matte Light shadow formula...matte with good coverage and just a hint of sheen.

More bright lippies with good coverage. Check out this link for color inspiration:
http://bitebeauty.com/blog/sneak-peek-into-spring/
Of course, SN formulas are better :P
Personally, I prefer matte or mostly matte for the brights--less bleeding, and I can always add a pop of shimmer gloss if I like.

How about some liquid shimmer glosses? Especially one with green? I am missing Swank, and cannot wear the ALG's :(

Oh! How about some liquid lipstick?

Tinted liquid primer would be lovely, but I cannot take silicon on my skin.

Besos!
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:31 pm

i just realized that i didn't finish what i wanted to say about the paint pot dupes. i meant these as colour ideas for the cream shadow formula (*) . sorry for any confusion.

(*) i'm pretty sure it's not possible to make an all natural paint pot dupe that doesn't crease, so the gumball cream/gel formula would work nicely, no?
Gorgeous

Post by Gorgeous » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:34 am

bellatete wrote:i just realized that i didn't finish what i wanted to say about the paint pot dupes. i meant these as colour ideas for the cream shadow formula (*) . sorry for any confusion.

(*) i'm pretty sure it's not possible to make an all natural paint pot dupe that doesn't crease, so the gumball cream/gel formula would work nicely, no?
I think that would still be pretty great!
<3 Tash & JoJo
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:06 pm

I love the cream formula of the gumball shadow. It is not too liquidy, but not too thick either. It gives me just the right amount of time to apply it and blend before it dries :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Gorgeous

Post by Gorgeous » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm

Oxana124 wrote:I love the cream formula of the gumball shadow. It is not too liquidy, but not too thick either. It gives me just the right amount of time to apply it and blend before it dries :)
sounds lovely! :D
<3 Tash & JoJo
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 pm

I double all Oxana's wishes! These are exactly what I am hoping for.

I can only add that I would love:
- a more opaque version of Glacier (my real fave!!! I could have never imagined that, but it is true. I have finished two tubes and will finish as many as I can))))
- Secret Admirer roll-on perfume
- and some original balms in white tubes. Feel nostalgic.

Thanks in advance!
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:55 pm

I would love for the lip scrub stick/tube to become permanent. It sounded great and I missed it when it was a GWP.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek