Cream Shadow Gumball

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
ChristineLynnP

Re: Cream Shadow Gumball

Post by ChristineLynnP » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 pm

I missed the gumball but I love the thought of cream shadows! Minerals can be a bit of a hassle sometimes, and I'm like Oxana, I love the no-fuss/no-muss, sweet it on and go, aspect of cream shadows.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:23 pm

eliz1 wrote:The cream eyeshadow is AWESOME!!! I love it... I was so excited about all the new stuff, I completely forgot to check and order the gumball with my first order!! So I mentioned in the notes section on my 2nd order that I had read great reviews and if they make them permanent, I might give them a try. (I'm not a big eyeshadow person!)... WELL, they included it in my package and I might now be an eyeshadow person!!!LOL! (Thanks to Susan!!!) I just took it off after almost 6 hours and it hadn't budged! That's really quite remarkable because I tend to have oily lids:) I dotted it on my eyelids and then used my finger to spread it and then added a little bit more to my fingertip and went over it one more time. It went on beautifully!

I'd love to see some more light colors in warm golds, warm pinks, and coppery tones.

I agree with Oxana, they need to make lots, lots more of these in lots and lots of different colors!!

And maybe surprise us with a New Year's collection featuring these?!?!lol!
I think these are especially great for oily lids. Because the other cream shadows I've used get removed with oil not water, so I think my hooded lids rubbing and the oil on them act to remove them. But these shadows are resistant to oils, so they work just great!

A New Year's cream shadow collection would definitely be fun! Wishful thinking, but fun :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 pm

What I'd like to know about the cream shadow is if it can be used as a primer and if so, how well it works? Anyone game to give it a try? It looks like the color is somewhat similar to UD Sin so that is why it popped into my mind. If Karen could manage some darker colors, maybe they could work to enhance the morphing shadows :D
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Hmm, I am not sure. This particular color is very sparkly, so in terms of a base/primer it may not be the best color choice, unless you want the sparkles to show through and add to whatever shadow you wear over it.
Not sure how it would work in terms of adhesion, it is not tacky like a primer, so I will have to test it out.

One other thing I thought of is it could be a highlighter, like for cheekbones. Because it reminds me of Lorac's 3D lustre drops, not in color, but in the way it applies and wears. Except it is thicker(the lustre drops are watery) so it is even easier to apply. And the lustre drops are meant for cheeks also.
So Karen could use this formula to make Liquid Highlighters, in some sheer pearly colors appropriate for highlighters, like beige, gold, pink tones.
I prefer my cream shadows to be pigmented, so I can just do 1 layer, but for a face highlighter sheer is obviously better so you can build to a level you like, and it doesn't get to be too much.
EDIT: forgot to add that such a highlighter would be really great for people like me who have trouble with cream highlighters lasting, and a lot of oils break me out, so that's another concern with cream highlighters. And powders highlighters are nice, but do not last all day. A highlighter in the cream shadow formula would be long lasting :)
Last edited by Oxana124 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 pm

I see, the sparkles didn't show up all that well in the pictures. I'm sorry I missed out on the gum ball.

thanks
LT16

Post by LT16 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Oh yes, it is very sparkly.

I've used it as a primer and it worked well for me.
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:07 pm

I have missed the gumball - too much thinking over the cart: last chance lippies and a gumball at once!!! Thanks for the feedback, ladies! Now I know how much I need it :-) and I am almost sure that e/s product range will get wider soon :-)
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:23 pm

I waited too long to order, too, and missed the gumball. :( I also hope we get a release with more colors. A light gold color would be nice, hint hint! ;)
~Tracy~
Lalama

Post by Lalama » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Ok, so yesterday I tried the cream shadow with no primer and this did not budge for me-love it! And I get very oily lids...so I agree with Oxana-that this is a good for oily lids-and being that's it's creamy-it's gotta be great for dry lids as well :D
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Heidiv wrote:What I'd like to know about the cream shadow is if it can be used as a primer and if so, how well it works? Anyone game to give it a try? It looks like the color is somewhat similar to UD Sin so that is why it popped into my mind. If Karen could manage some darker colors, maybe they could work to enhance the morphing shadows :D
I tried it as a base today with Faerie, and it was just ok. I think morphing shadows and the new prisms are best over the stick em primer since it is tacky and really enhances them. And I think the cream shadow is really better as a cream shadow on its own rather than a primer. Just my opinion.
I know what you mean though, it would be nice to have a darker color to apply as a base to enhance the morphing shadows. I know some people can do this with the black cream liner, but that doesn't work for me as it will crease.
It would be pretty awesome if Karen would make a gray(could be back also, but I feel gray looks less harsh is applied all over as a base) version of the Stick Em Primer for that purpose.