diy palettes

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Oxana124

Re: diy palettes

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:00 pm

frckls wrote:Let me know how it turns out! By the way does it give subtle glow or really shimmery?
Will do! It's kind of in between, not really shimmery, but I think a little more than a subtle glow. Like if you look up close you do see the shimmer particles, they are large enough shimmers to see individual ones. I think it can definitely look subtle though as long as you don't overdo it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
happyhiker

Post by happyhiker » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Okay...not bad, if I do say so myself!
Jill
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:38 pm

That looks awesome, you did a great job! :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
zus

Post by zus » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:01 pm

happyhiker wrote:Okay...not bad, if I do say so myself!
Not bad at all! It looks lovely. I love the little squares, it looks so neat. What are those bigger ones at the top?

And Oxana, your compacts look great :D can't wait to see how the Liberty Glow turns out.

One of my pressed eye shadows, Basalt, broke the other day! Pressing news, I know (ha ha ;))
I've dropped a palette on the floor before with no incident (just had a thin layer chip off the top of a softer one) but this one just broke while in a pretty well padded bag... It was quite hard and brittle because when I pressed it I hadn't yet realised that matte shadows couldn't take as much pressing medium... so no surprise there really.
happyhiker

Post by happyhiker » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:17 pm

The big square on the left is my foundation, the one on the right is date bait. The big rectangles are blush (although one is an eyeshadow and one is a bronzer).
Jill
frckls

Post by frckls » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:52 pm

That is super pretty!! Congrats! Now I'm so ashamed of my lousy pressings. :lol:

By the way, is it just me or pressings really deepen the base color of the powder? Anyone to corroborate?

ADD: happyhiker, where did you get the pans?
happyhiker

Post by happyhiker » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:17 pm

I got them from TKB Trading, just like you recommended!
Jill
frckls

Post by frckls » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Are those tin pans or the aluminum ones?

And nice palettes you have there! :)
happyhiker

Post by happyhiker » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:53 am

They are tin pans so I didn't have to do any further magnetizing. The palettes were the freestyle palettes from there. I had some mineral eye shadows and blush from Mary Kay (my sister sells it) that I rarely use but went ahead and put them in the palettes as well, since they are magnetized pans, too. What I'm really excited about is less mess. And having all of them together so I can see what I've got more easily!
Jill
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:53 pm

happyhiker wrote:The big square on the left is my foundation, the one on the right is date bait. The big rectangles are blush (although one is an eyeshadow and one is a bronzer).
Gee, I wish my pressing experiment looked like that. I didn't actually press them with a flattener, though, just tamped them down a bit. Stupid question, I know, but is that super important? :oops:

Speaking of, Oxana, your compacts are so pretty! What "presser" did you use for that floral pattern?

Happyhiker, what colors are those big rectangular blushes? The orangey-peach one looks so pretty.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek