Tattoo Coverup

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
Xarata

Tattoo Coverup

Post by Xarata » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:33 pm

I love my tattoo, but it's in a very visible place (on my hand) and I have to cover it up for work. Some days I put in the effort to make it invisible and other days i just kind of lighten it and hope no one says anything, but I would really like a 1-2 step product that makes it easy for me.

What I have tried:

-Eye Fix Primer topped with SIAJ topped with cream concealer (i used lots of different ones, they all kind of do the same job) topped with foundation. With enough effort, I can make my tattoo disappear completely and flawlessly, but it takes ~10 minutes and who wants to do that every morning? I have better things to do, like my makeup!

-Stick Em topped with foundation & Stick Em topped with both foundation and cream concealer. With the right foundation, this will last pretty well, but since it doesn't get pigment into the teeny lines on my hand and there are several layers of foundation, the foundation splits in an hour or two so i get crackled coverup

-Expensive $40 Cover FX Coverup- Works fairly well, but fades in opacity within an hour or 2 even with foundation on top. Also, the shade I bought was great for summer, but too dark/orange for me now, and who wants $80-$120 worth of tattoo coverup so they can match their skin year round? not me!

What I need: I need a super heavy duty cream concealer, preferably in a skintone that's lighter than my hand but not white and not orange. A Heavy powdered concealer (that I can tint to match my hand rather than my face) that doesn't need lots of layers to do the job (because lots of layers cake and crack) A way to apply both that wastes as little product as possible. I need it to be reasonably waterproof/smudge proof (i actually don't really have a problem with the waterproof part as of yet, but the smudge proof i haven't quite gotten right) I need it to not make my hand break out (which one of the above methods- not sure WHICH method- does break out my hand in little bumps sometimes)

It's a tall order, but it never hurts to ask ;)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Cupcake

Re: Tattoo Coverup

Post by Cupcake » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:45 pm

There's a brand called Dermablend that does medical grade cosmetics to cover serious skin blemishes, scarring and worse. It's a thick and heavy foundation / concealer and it's made waterproof when set with it's accompanying powder. Is that the kind of thing you're looking for? I can imagine that a mineral-based version would be of tremendous usefulness.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:10 pm

yep just like that. Dermablends coverup is a 3 step system with a primer, concealer, and powder. It costs $74 for the set and would probably have the same seasonal color problem i have with the other. i also have trouble blending the edges of liquid foundations if i layer them thick enough to trully conceal. Sponges help but tend to waste product
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
hgchild

Post by hgchild » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi Xarata!!!

Have you tried IT Cosmetics Bye Bye UnderEye Concealer[? They carry it on QVC.com and I think at Sephora. Even though it says under eye, If you watch the presentations on QVC, The model covers up a long tattoo that runs the length of her arm. It does not show through.
As for staying power, I can't tell you since I don't have any tattoos. :)

Also, I think it's around $25 and has different shades and it comes in a tube.... Something to check out. HTH

Just wanted to add that IT Cosmetics is founded on Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists so it's supposed to be able to cover up a lot!
*DOMINIQUE*
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Reach for the moon, at the very least, you will land amongst the stars"