What SN product are you loving today?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
cait

What SN product are you loving today?

Post by cait » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:47 pm

I realized that, even though I have a rather large makeup collection.... :shock:....that I wear and relay on so many Silk Naturals products everyday. So, I thought it be fun to have a thread where we share our daily SN favorites!

Today, I love love love Showstopper! It's such an amazing statement lip. I love that it is so bold, but yet it doesn't take the WORK that my other bolder lipstick shades have. Easy to apply and go!

What are you loving today? :D
18Angel

Re: What SN product are you loving today?

Post by 18Angel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:06 pm

Oh how fun! I completely relate to a large SN collection. I am trying to make sure I love all of my schparklies equally. :lol:

Today I love Grassroots Green. It ain't easy being green. Greens are so tricky some lean too yellow and some lean too blue, but this one is just perfect.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Today was Lady blush with Doll lip stain and Showstopper over top......In fact today I pulled all my SN blushes and stop to play with Folly and maybe try it tomorrow when I get my order in from last week to work on a fall look. :D :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Today I sported Superfly, and Rollick- with a little bit of foundation blended in on top. It was super pretty, and the foundation reeled-in the crazy that Superfly can be- it was surprisingly safe for the office.

The pic isn't picking it up just right- but if you ever have a look that's a bit over the top- try dusting a little foundation on top. It dulls down the shimmer, and blends everything together beautifully.
Attachments
superflyrollick.jpg
superflyrollick.jpg (43.63 KiB) Viewed 18196 times
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Wow Karen that is gorgeous. I need to add those to my wish list.
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Loving GWPs today!

Eyes: Inspire with a little Derby on the corners and into crease
Cheeks: Candie blush mixed with LOL e/s
Lips: Gigi topped with Damsel

Underneath my foundation is a mix of another brand of concealers (because they don't have silk), but I mix in a touch of Liberty glow and the gwp Vegan Illuminating Powder (now here to stay! :D )

I know I'm not the only one to LOVE LOL (a gwp e/s from last year). . . . where's that wishlist thread :mrgreen: . . . .!!!
~Tracy~
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:58 pm

I am loving my latest discovery: If I blend a dab of SN Creamy Concealer with a pump or two of Argan Moisturizer it makes a great matte foundation! It looks a little grainy in the hand, but blends perfectly on my face. I am loving Flattery Illuminating Powder over that.
Perhaps the darker-skinned beauties among us could add a few grains of the appropriate pigment to the closest matching concealer for them?
IMHO, nothing compliments a lovely bold lip color better than understated eyes and a smooth, even complexion.

Today's bold lip is Provoke ALG - Wow! Worn with . . .
Earth shadow on my lid and crease.
Bone shadow just under the brow.
A line of Ether EL shadow smudged just above the crease and vanishing into the Bone highlight.
A few dots of Lake shadow in Mixing Medium here and there along my upper and lower lash roots (for the "almost wearing eyeliner" look).
Black mascara.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
cait

Post by cait » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:01 pm

I loved my Sleep in a Jar because although it was a fun-filled weekend spent with good friends, I was tired today!

Also loved my transparent ALG...which is probably my favorite new lip treatment for when they are a little extra dry ;)
18Angel

Post by 18Angel » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:29 pm

zooeyblue wrote:I know I'm not the only one to LOVE LOL (a gwp e/s from last year). . . . where's that wishlist thread :mrgreen: . . . .!!!
Excuse the thread hijack, but what do you wear with LOL? I have it and am on a mission to actually wear all my shadows. I take LOL out perodically swatch it and put it back in the blush drawer. :?
18Angel

Post by 18Angel » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:18 pm

I am loving the cream liners (especially Molten). They are seriously awesome for someone who cannot master using powder to line. Would love to see more colors though, pretty please.