Step right up...it's time for Spring!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
eliz1

Re: Step right up...it's time for Spring!!

Post by eliz1 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:45 pm

karen wrote:Sorry about that...Creampuff is back! We were just waiting on labels to be printed, and I have them sitting right here next to me. Hopefully the Self Tanner will be back tomorrow.

I'm really glad you like Together! We put those GWP's in hoping to lure someone over to the sparkley side, and it always makes my day when someone who doesn't usually wear shadows puts on a GWP.

Generally when we release the popular GWP's it's during October for a fundraiser- so it's good to keep the list going.
Hoooray, thanks Karen! And I'll keep my eyes peeled to see if Together makes the cut 8-) I can't tell you how thrilled I am to find an eyeshadow that looks so nice on me and is so fail proof :D
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Tue May 31, 2011 9:52 am

I hope nobody minds if I gush for a bit?
Got my order a few days ago. I ordered Spellbound eyeshadow(hey, no buzz on here about the 3 new new shadows...why?), Bolero blush, Malibu Miss bronzer, Blaze and Glacier ALGs, and Roxie lipstain. Also ordered the sunless tanner, but haven't tried it yet.
I also order the gel eyeliner palette...check out the review I did.
Spellbound, very pretty antique gold, to my eyes, a lot like Bling. Haven't swatched it, so don't quote me.
Malibu Miss...pretty much like Beach Bunny without the shimmer, which I like....to me it looks more natural...I think I will use this more as a blush.
Bolero... more for high drama looks, on me very dark peach...almost red. As it sheers down its very *been walking with my face in the sun and I like it*
:D Begins Gushing Now :D
The ALGs....OMG...they are fabulous! I ordered Blaze and Glacier. Ok, we get it...fire and ice....and boy howdy, are they!
Glacier...wow, cool, and I mean COOL....love the mint sensation! ADORE that in a gloss...it's the way it should be ...LOL. Feels reallly nice and slick, soft , smooth. Really loving this. The color...uber-interesting....love it over Roxie, makes the perfect sparkly nude(which is what I neeeed ;) and under Blaze, makes a sparkly sheer peach! On it's own..too young of a look for me to carry off, (sheeeeer teal-ish glimmer, but I love the shade itself)I will wear it down to nub using it to change up every lippie in my arsenal! Edited to add, nothing wrong with wearing Glacier on it's own....it doesn't show up as colored, just shiny and sparkly and pretty. I just prefer a bit more color on my lips.
Blaze: this is THE red for warm fair girls afraid of red! A sheer, shiny, orange-red with gold shimmer! On my light pink lips it shows up as warm and inviting, not too bright and in your face. It is buildable, but I really wouldn't wanna go past say-3 coats. That's just overkill!
On the lipstain thread I discuss how these colors work with Roxie.
OK...Now Roxie....wasn't gonna buy a stain, wasn't interested, didn't care, didn't wanna care :twisted: .But you guys and your raves made me go and get me some. Not a fan of pinks, and knew that Roxie and Dixie would probably pull pretty similar on me, I just got Roxie. And I lurve her. She looks reddish orange on me, not BROWN. Actually it works great for me, as paired with Glacier and Blaze. Now, the formula. I can't say that I am experiencing 24 wear, nor would I want or expect that. I would say that honestly, I get a good 5-6 hours. During that time, there would usually be a meal and teethbrushing involved. I would imagine that would have some bearing on wear time. Anyway, I think that's a good, reasonable time for one's lippie to stay on, and really...I do buy lippies more for color and formula than wear time. This is everything a lipstain should be, and more!
Can't ya see I love my new stuff! :D (I am also trying to beat MLH smiley record...LOL)
Thanx for watching,
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
packgal

Post by packgal » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:02 pm

i just went to order, my cart has been sitting ready for weeks now (can't wait to try the stains and ALGs, i can order cause it's my birthday!) but gigi is out of stock :( any ideas when it will be back? thanks!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:46 pm

Yes, Gigi is taking a little break at the moment. The color faded on a few of the tubes, and I have to reformulate it a bit.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
packgal

Post by packgal » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:46 pm

gotcha. thanks for the reply karen.