Step right up...it's time for Spring!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Re: Step right up...it's time for Spring!!

Post by karen » Tue May 03, 2011 12:45 pm

It's not going away...Zeebs and Egerandi asked so nicely for so long that there's no way I'm going to discontinue it unless something odd happens like the ingredients no longer becoming available or something like that.

The shelf life on it is 6 months. The preservative that we use is a bit odd- after about 6 months the pH starts to drop and acids aren't compatible with self tanners.

It does use the same active ingredients as every other self tanner- so if you're allergic to the ones that you've tried, then you'll most likely react to ours too. They do tend to have much more complicated ingredients lists than ours, but DHA is pretty much used in every single one of then (including ours). Ugh- sorry about that one.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Tue May 03, 2011 1:55 pm

karen wrote:It's not going away...Zeebs and Egerandi asked so nicely for so long that there's no way I'm going to discontinue it unless something odd happens like the ingredients no longer becoming available or something like that.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, I don't know where to put this, but <3 Ambrosia.
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:01 pm

zeebs wrote:
karen wrote:It's not going away...Zeebs and Egerandi asked so nicely for so long that there's no way I'm going to discontinue it unless something odd happens like the ingredients no longer becoming available or something like that.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, I don't know where to put this, but <3 Ambrosia.
Thank you from me too and I too love Ambrosia! I just got it on my last order and it's lovely!

Karen, how are you able to keep the self tanner from stinking like all the others?!?! You don't have to tell me trade secrets of course, :lol: :lol: , I'm just really curious if the others add something that smells awful for some odd reason!

Anyway, thanks again and I can't wait to get my full size bottle!!!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue May 03, 2011 4:04 pm

My pasty ghosty legs will thank you for eternity! Mine should be here tomorrow; didn't even bother with the sample, got the full-size :D
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Tue May 03, 2011 9:55 pm

karen wrote: It does use the same active ingredients as every other self tanner- so if you're allergic to the ones that you've tried, then you'll most likely react to ours too. They do tend to have much more complicated ingredients lists than ours, but DHA is pretty much used in every single one of then (including ours). Ugh- sorry about that one.
I think in my next order I may give it a try. :o On the Chanty's site Autumn posted a site on sunless tanners and it had a problem solver to sunless tanner that it could be a bad skin irritation from exfoliation and shaving then applying the tanner and your skin is not liking that. So not to shave then apply the tanner then shave at a different time. Oh it is so worth a try :D :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
JenK

Post by JenK » Wed May 04, 2011 8:52 am

4wheel wrote:I think in my next order I may give it a try. On the Chanty's site Autumn posted a site on sunless tanners and it had a problem solver to sunless tanner that it could be a bad skin irritation from exfoliation and shaving then applying the tanner and your skin is not liking that. So not to shave then apply the tanner then shave at a different time. Oh it is so worth a try
In the past after 2-3 application of Self Tanner I would get random coin size spots of what I am guessing was eczema...itchy, red, thin skin. I haven't had a problem w/ SN's yet. Maybe it was the nasty smell/chemical reaction that caused the eczema w/ the other tanners? Fingers crossed...this is AWESOME!!!
susuwatari

Post by susuwatari » Wed May 04, 2011 8:14 pm

karen wrote: They have all been reformulated- and Tarnish and Peacock are a bit different than before. The pigment that makes Black Cherry was also discontinued- so that may not come back. I haven't had a chance to try to clone it yet.
Hi, I had come back to Silk Naturals to see if I could get some of this wonderful Black Cherry I had got a sample of a while back. But it's gone :( Would you or anyone by chance have an idea of a similar product? The kinds I've looked at so far have either been too red, too black, or not sparkly.
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere, but does anyone know if CreamPuff is coming back? I was just filling a cart and wanted to add it to it so I don't know if I should wait or go ahead and order.

And also, Karen, I heard that sometimes we're allowed to beg to have a GWP put up for sale? I would like to beg to have Together added to your line! I'm the one who always includes a note how I don't wear eyeshadow, etc.... and I tried this when I received it and I have worn it everyday since! It's wonderful for my skin color/eye color and it allows me to do a subtle smokey eye look which I could never pull off before! Anyway, just thought I would put it out there :) It's a really beautiful color.
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Sun May 15, 2011 7:42 pm

eliz1 wrote: And also, Karen, I heard that sometimes we're allowed to beg to have a GWP put up for sale? I would like to beg to have Together added to your line! I'm the one who always includes a note how I don't wear eyeshadow, etc.... and I tried this when I received it and I have worn it everyday since! It's wonderful for my skin color/eye color and it allows me to do a subtle smokey eye look which I could never pull off before! Anyway, just thought I would put it out there :) It's a really beautiful color.
I'll second the request for Together! I love it as a wash with bright lips. I can actually see myself using this one up and wanting more! :D
~Tracy~
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun May 15, 2011 9:27 pm

Sorry about that...Creampuff is back! We were just waiting on labels to be printed, and I have them sitting right here next to me. Hopefully the Self Tanner will be back tomorrow.

I'm really glad you like Together! We put those GWP's in hoping to lure someone over to the sparkley side, and it always makes my day when someone who doesn't usually wear shadows puts on a GWP.

Generally when we release the popular GWP's it's during October for a fundraiser- so it's good to keep the list going.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten