Any interest in gel liners?????

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
karen
Site Admin

Any interest in gel liners?????

Post by karen » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:03 pm

I've been puttering around with something that's sorta like a gel liner for a while- it's not a final formula- it's not in the production schedule- but the results have been pretty good.

The way it is now- it's more of an oil/wax based product- think of an eye shadow pencil but a little bit creamier and in pot form. Ingredients wise- they'll be pretty natural/organic- and I'm thinking the price point would be somewhere around $6 for a 3-gram jar.

Right now I'm designing and testing the things for MOAC- the product list isn't really set in stone- it's kind of whatever I come up with that tests well.

if there's a demand for something like this I could probably be persuaded to work on it a little more- I'm not sure it would make it into the April collection- 2 weeks is short to test a new formula- but theoretically they could be ready by May-ish.

What do you think?? What colors would you want to see?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Rhys

Re: Any interest in gel liners?????

Post by Rhys » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Hmm...maybe. My only gripe with most gel liners is that they tend to look harsh, but if I could use a thin brush it could be nice for top lining.

Colours: exotic, of course. I know the basic black and brown would have to be in there, but I'd like a nice teal (and a teal eye shadow while we're at it), a gorgeous purple, maybe something sparkly, a great green, maybe a brown sparked up with some plum interference, gold could be cool...ah, the possibilities...
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:16 pm

LOL- how did I guess you wanted every color ever? God bless you Rhys! I'm going to start calling you the ECE girls- there's a few that when I ask what color- you list all of them- that's awesome- it makes life sooo much more interesting!

Yeah I have a lot of gripes with gel liners- but the theory is cool- so I'm thinking I could formulate around at least my gripes...
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Karen,

I own a couple of gel liners, and they are ok. My main gripe is that they tend to dry up long before you ever get them used up, and yes the can look very harsh. That being said, if you develpe a green teal on, not a blue teal one, then I might consider getting it. Also please find the percect thin liner brush to go with it.

Hollis
judytran

Post by judytran » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:32 pm

I have always wanted to try them but never got around to it. I use liquids right now because I find pencils tend to smudge more
I would definitely try it if you make it!
clara

Post by clara » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:26 am

I don't know if this is possible, but I think a liner sealant sort of thing might be more worth your while, and then you could use it to make any shadow into an eyeliner--satisfying those people who want liners in every color :) I've been looking for something like that but every one I've found, including at mineral sites, has been chock-full of stuff like parabens and other icky things. I'd imagine it's possible to make one without that stuff...but at the same time gel liners are cool too, I use MAC Fluidline when I'm actually up to the task of getting out a brush instead of smudging on a pencil liner. Pencils are easiest but gels/creams/liquids create such a nice precise line...
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:30 pm

I would love a gel liner if it comes in your colors. (I'm particularly fond of bittersweet as a liner) and I second (or third or fifth) the indelible peacock dupe (green-teal).

If there were a way to make a colorless one that worked with any of your powders, that would be fantastic and totally worth $6.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Ann

Post by Ann » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:36 pm

me me me! i love gel liners. i won't ask for rainbow colours.. but i would ask for a glitterish brown.. i think matte browns are too harsh.
queenie50cat

Post by queenie50cat » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:26 pm

absolutely interested. I used to use smashbox cream liners, gave them up. Pencils are hard to use on older eyes and dry lining sometimes isn't intense enough, so I'd think gel liners would fit the bill. Janet.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:50 pm

I do own one gel liner and I find it really takes some effect to make it look good;not obvious. Soooo I usually prefer to just use a dark MMU colour and do a smudge line.

If you decide to carry gel lines I would probably try one in a nuetral brownish shade.

I would like to see an eye liner sealant. Also I would like to see more eye liner brushes (brushes in general). I am wanting a smudger eye liner brush. I love the ulltimate eye shadow brush.