More Dupes??

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
karen
Site Admin

Re: More Dupes??

Post by karen » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:47 am

Bwahahaha is all I have to say- I set a new record for clones this morning!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:07 am

Yeeeeehaw!!! I am in a *shopping* mood, yikes & LOL! Headed for the Carousel Mall in Syracuse today after hair appt but *should be* fairly safe at the mall ~ not in the mood for clothes or shoes or purses, so MAYBE I'll behave???
mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
JeiaMoore

Post by JeiaMoore » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Hee Mikie! :lol: I was the gal on the other board who suggested Karen make a matte greyed brown for contouring, I hope she does!

I've always found that a grey/brown mix works best for contouring since it mimics the natural shadow best. I bought Terra eyeshadow hoping it would work for this in a pinch since it's described on the website as a matte taupe, but it's quite a reddy brown in RL.

I'm also wishing for a matte pure white for highlighting (Bone shadow is a little bit too yellow for me) and especially more cool pink blushes! :)

I was also the one who seconded the Bobbi Brown Raspberry Palette (Are we skin twins? :D) . I think bright cool pinks like the one in the palette are very flattering to a lot of skintones once actually on the skin (even though they look scary in the jar). I'd love more cool toned SN blushes in general, I adore Cheeky (and hope it's never discontinued!), but I'd love more choices.
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Ah! So *you're* the smart cookie, Jeia! :) REALLY good ideas! I'm already drooling over Karen's new colors. Let's keep her in the lab as much as possible, ROFGiggling!!! I suspect that's the most rewarding part of what she does ~ the process of letting the inner child out to create...nothing like it!
mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:35 pm

HOw about a dupe of the Bobbie Brown Aqua Shimmer Palatte. Those colors are very sheer spring and summer colors, light blues, light greens, tans, and pale pinks and purples, something for everyone. :)
Heathcliff79

Post by Heathcliff79 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Oh, I can't wait for the blush dupes! I have a long list of lemmings... I hope MAC's Emote is on the list! I can't wait for a tan shade of blush that I could use to contour!

Also, I've been loving LOVING the blushes that I've tried, but they aren't as pigmented as some of the other MMU out there, so they fade quite a bit during the day. It would be SO GREAT if they could be more pigmented! (Although for now, as an enthusiastic blush newbie, I'm relieved that these are pretty idiot-proof.)
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:37 pm

I would love to see a clone of the body shop eyeshadow shades Fawn Parfait & Taupe. Both of these colours really make blue eyes pop out. Lurid is very close to Taupe but not quite.

I love the body shop's make up but they do cost abit for a little packaging.
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
teiko

Post by teiko » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:08 am

One of my ?Dupes wishlist has been fulfilled. Thanks for listening Karen! :P
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:17 am

Cool! I may have golden olive- I'm not 100% on that one- I know I have Sumptuous Olive, but I'm not cloning that one right now- it's super super close to Gator Gold and for the moment there's not so much of a difference that I'm convinced people need both of them.

With the Body Shop Taupe- it may be close to either Wink Wink or Nudge Nudge- I know that I was looking at 2 Body Shop ones when I made them- but I can't remember which ones. They're both fairly neutral/taupe colors.

Next week's colors are also very cool- more of the sparkle MAC colors, and some other fun things thrown in.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:02 am

karen wrote:Next week's colors are also very cool- more of the sparkle MAC colors, and some other fun things thrown in.
Next week's? oh goody! lol
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com