be honest, how badly do i "need"...

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
ChristineLynnP

be honest, how badly do i "need"...

Post by ChristineLynnP » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:52 pm

...fire, brimstone, and amethyst and fort knox liner samples? I have issues. I own roughly 200 eyeshadows, but only a few sn. I have all shades of every color imaginable. Yet I always want more... so, do these colors work magic on true blue eyes, or am I better off *gasp* funnelling that money towards a bill?
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
lwoodall10

Re: be honest, how badly do i "need"...

Post by lwoodall10 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Fire and Brimstone are awesome!!! I have brown eyes, so on that I don't know, but those two colors together are fantastic :D
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:39 pm

Bill schmill... Fire and Brimstone are unique colors and a perfect combination, and they also look good on my blue eyes. You can also use Fire with many other colors, it's a morphing wonder :)

As for the sample liners, Amethyst is gorgeous. If you like Gold, you will like Fort Knox. You can get a couple of uses out of each as long as you don't let them dry out (like I did, heh).
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:53 pm

O-kay.....now I have to go dig out my Fire and Brimstone........

Just so you know, ChristineLynnP, they are not going anywhere. Bills are important. What about getting them as reward for a few weeks into a lifestyle change? (Cheering you on!!!)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:32 am

Ooh I didn't mean I would default on a bill! I love your common-sense approach though :-) Things are looking up though. I was bummed because I had to spend my birthday money on groceries- this wasn't a New Year's resolution, but under my doctor's guidance I have started the blood type diet (yes, I was skeptical at first too but it actually makes sense the more I look into it) to see if it helps my acne and general achiness (arthritis) and fatigue (chronic lyme disease) and I discovered a lot of "healthy" foods like chicken, shrimp, corn, etc aren't recommended for me. The next day, my fiance ended up getting quite a few sales of the chainmaille jewelry he makes, so he wanted to give me back my money to spend on pretty things. He's definately a keeper and now I can put in an order :-)

Eta: I haven't finalized my order yet, but I switched to full-sized liners instead. I was thinking Purr for my over-$30 freebie. Anyone have any thoughts on that one? I figured at the very least I need to stop ordering browns and bronzes- not that they aren't pretty, I just gravitate to them too much.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:10 am

Purr is pretty, but very warm - so it depends on your skin tone. Fire's pretty much terrific all around.
Pomi

Post by Pomi » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Brimstone is beautiful!!!
You need it ;)
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 pm

I like Purr a lot. You can see my skin tone on my pic, and I have blue eyes, for which Purr works nicely. Be aware though that it's shimmery.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:04 pm

ChristineLynnP wrote:Ooh I didn't mean I would default on a bill! I love your common-sense approach though :-) Things are looking up though. I was bummed because I had to spend my birthday money on groceries- this wasn't a New Year's resolution, but under my doctor's guidance I have started the blood type diet (yes, I was skeptical at first too but it actually makes sense the more I look into it) to see if it helps my acne and general achiness (arthritis) and fatigue (chronic lyme disease) and I discovered a lot of "healthy" foods like chicken, shrimp, corn, etc aren't recommended for me. The next day, my fiance ended up getting quite a few sales of the chainmaille jewelry he makes, so he wanted to give me back my money to spend on pretty things. He's definately a keeper and now I can put in an order :-)

Eta: I haven't finalized my order yet, but I switched to full-sized liners instead. I was thinking Purr for my over-$30 freebie. Anyone have any thoughts on that one? I figured at the very least I need to stop ordering browns and bronzes- not that they aren't pretty, I just gravitate to them too much.
Can you post after you have been on the Blood Type diet for a while? I am always interested in healthier eating and if something improves my skin...what a bonus!

I have a lot of MMU (SN and others) so I do understand the questioning of another eye shadow. With SN I always have a huge wishlist. When I have things on a wishlist, then I stop and think about it before hitting "check out" I tend to be more selective. The items I am not impressed with overall are purchased on impulse.

In addition to MMU, I am a collector of skin care items and hair stuff.
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:34 pm

Thanks for all the input everyone :D I got rid of Amethyst liner just because I have too much purple to really justify another purple liner when my shadows will double as one just as well. I did end up getting Fire and Brimstone. I really liked Purr, but then I noticed Nekkid, so I defferred to Eric (my fiance) for his opinion. He liked Nekkid best, so Nekkid it is! I think I'm lucky in that warm/cool doesn't seem to apply for me... if I like it, I get it, and I've always been able to make everything work, in some way. I also ordered all of the gumballs, foundation refills (I always throw at least one in with every order, just makes sense to), Fort Knox, and another Super Soft Vegan Kabuki,and it all only came to $39.59 after shipping and redeeming my points. How exciting! I still have a little money left now to order my skincare staples.

Autumn- I'll try to post about it later, but I might need a little reminder ;) Skin can be so confusing. One thing I noticed before this diet is that potatoes really make my skin freak out, like nothing else can. And I was bad, and overindulged in all things potato from Thanksgiving through Christmas. I'm clearing up a bit now but it takes time, so in the beginning I don't think I'll know how much is due to not eating potatoes and how much is due to this new way of eating. But one thing I did learn so far is that "nightshades" (I'd never even heard of this catagory before!) like potatoes and tomatoes make arthritis pain hurt worse, and I used to eat tomatoes or pasta sauce or pizza with sauce quite a bit but have to avoid tomatoes according to my blood type. Well, I have arthritis in my right shoulder, and it can be excrutiating. Since avoiding those foods, I've hardly ached at all. It's amazing. So, regardless of what happens with my skin, I'd say easing the arthritis pain already makes this a win in my opinion.