I have been enabled!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
feyith

I have been enabled!

Post by feyith » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 am

Thanks to some great recommendations and help narrowing down my cart, I've just placed my first order!

* Brown Sugar
* Petal/Babydoll
* Breathless

I'm in school full time and saving up money for a wedding right now so I can't really afford more than $10-15/month on makeup [my reward to myself for canceling my MMORPG subscription!], so the first order is just the bare [very bare!] essentials. I can't wait to see what the surprise eyeshadow color is going to be too!

I already have a second cart all set up for the next month:

* Idolize
* Quiver
* Fig Leaf

I'm trying to decide between Pop or one of the deep purples. Should I get Pop, Bewitched, Velvet or Aubergine? And do any of the above colors have an EDM equivalent so that I can order something slightly different if I already have something similar?

Woot!
Silverfern

Re: I have been enabled!

Post by Silverfern » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:30 am

Awesome, I can't wait for your product reviews :)
feyith

Post by feyith » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks, hon! Did you notice I picked Petal? :D

I was bad and grabbed some more stuff yesterday too. :o

What do you all do while you're waiting for your order(s)? I click on other people's swatches/haul pictures and pout/drool.
Last edited by feyith on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WendyD

Post by WendyD » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:07 pm

I check my mailbox every few minutes... :oops:
feyith

Post by feyith » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:10 pm

Haha, that's probably what I'm going to be doing the minute it ships.
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:32 pm

feyith wrote:Thanks, hon! Did you notice I picked Petal? :D

I was bad and grabbed some more stuff yesterday too. :o

What do you all do while you're waiting for your order(s)? I click on other people's swatches/haul pictures and pout/drool.
I see that! Very cool. I wore it again today. Here's the deal, it's matte, so it's not sparkly and blah blah blah, it's just natural and pretty. I throw that one on before walking the dog and I look alive. Or like today I put it on for work when I'm literally asleep and I know I'm safe cause I can't seem to put too much on. There's plenty of time for glitter and shimmer and whatnot, and there's about 50000 blushes that have that. But I think it's hard to find a nice subtle feminine matte blush. So there you got one :)

Now you have to be honest tho, if you get it and you hate it you let us know. And I'll stop pedaling (hahaha) it on everybody. But I think you'll like it.
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:55 pm

Oh wow, I can't believe how fast my orders got here!!! :o

My first haul is amazing! Thank you so much for the recommendations! Jen, I *love* Brown Sugar! Silverfern, you were right - Petal is the *exact* same color as my natural flush, so when that's the look I'm going for, it's absolutely perfect! Babydoll is very pretty too but it's a little bit more dramatic, so I'm gonna save it for special occasions - it also makes a gorgeous eye highlight color! And the lip gloss is amazing! Breathless is like my [formerly] favorite Burt's Bees - except a million times smoother (and it costs the same). I'm in love! :D

Sadly, my second order was a bust. Idolize and Quiver are just not my colors. I need to learn to stick with the dark browns and vibrant purples. :(
Last edited by feyith on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Sorry to hear about your order, but if you like vibrant purples Escape is really nice.

Susan
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:15 pm

No worries, not everything can work for everyone. They are certainly very beautiful colors and I can definitely see the high quality of SN's products. My skin color and eye shape are just really difficult to shop for.