Suggestion for under the skin bumps?

Leisje

Suggestion for under the skin bumps?

Post by Leisje » Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 am

Hello! I'm very interested in trying out the new skincare items, they all look really lovely.

The one concern on my face I would most like to heal are these under the skin bumps along my chin and jawline, that are like pimples that never come to a head.
Which product would be most beneficial for this?

My skin is very pale, rather dry, and sensitive, but also acne-prone.
I have used salicylic acid in the past and it made my skin worse, so I'm thinking the BHA toner is out.
Any other tips and suggestions would be most welcome!
karen
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for under the skin bumps?

Post by karen » Wed May 27, 2009 11:03 am

I'll bet it's KP- keratosis pilaris. Do you have little bumps on your arms and legs too? What it is is excess skin clogs the follicle, and creates a hard "plug". It happens to a lot of people...including me. AHA's help, but I've found for me, personally, that just a lot of hydration makes the biggest difference on my face. For the arms and legs I'm never without a creamy sugar scrub of some sort.

For right now we have the AHA toner, and the Green Tea and Aloe serum would probably help...get a sample on the AHA because if you have very sensitive skin that may or may not be the answer. I'm working on some really really really neat stuff at the moment that will probably be just the ticket for you- hopefully they'll be on the site in the next couple of weeks.

Another thing to try is a plain yogurt and honey mask- they're wonderful for dry sensitive skin. Just take some plain yogurt, add a squeeze of honey, put it on, and let it set for 10-15 minutes. It's lovely!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed May 27, 2009 11:54 am

Oh my god

that's exactly what I have. I've been uiong the dermabrasion cream and the aloe vera serum and it has helped. But me thinks I'm going to have a closer look at the sugar scrub and the AHA toner

thanks Karen
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
Leisje

Post by Leisje » Wed May 27, 2009 1:06 pm

Thank you for the reply!

I did have those little hard bumps on my hips and some on my arms. They actually smoothed out and went away though when I started taking Omega 3 fish oils, which I've been on for about a month. Unfortunately the face ones stuck around though!

I will definitely try the AHA toner and the hydrating serums.
I'm very curious about what you have in the works too! :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu May 28, 2009 9:32 pm

I agree with all of this advice. For me, avoiding excess oil is important, too.

gentle cleanser: NO DETERGENTS
Microderm scrub 1-2x/week
Yogurt mask (regular plain yogurt, unflavored) with honey, 4x/week
toner (for me, many of them work well)
oil-free moisturizer (I've been using the oatmeal serum with good results)

and anything you can do to reduce inflammation is important. this means eating organic fruits and veggies, all-natural diet, drink purified water, omega-3s etc.

also: try hemp seeds or hemp oil, or borage oil if you think your skin problems are hormonal. they contain a certain kind of omega-6 fatty acid (GLA) that regulates hormones to some degree.