Pore refining toner

Shirin

Pore refining toner

Post by Shirin » Wed May 20, 2009 9:42 am

How will the Pore Refining Toner react after face washed by a soap containing Dead Sea mineral salts? I used that soap and I saw the oil coming out from my pores, will the toner be fine, or maybe that isn't a time to put it on, as it might bring the oil back to my skin with the hydrating oils?

thanks for your answers.
karen
Site Admin

Re: Pore refining toner

Post by karen » Wed May 20, 2009 10:26 am

It should work pretty well with it- there isn't really a lot of oil in the toner- a few drops of sweet orange just to cut the grease already on your skin. It should help get rid of the gunk that's coming out.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Shirin

Post by Shirin » Wed May 20, 2009 10:37 am

Thanks Karen,

as i haver hardly ever used toners before, i find myself asking questions as to when and how to use it. Whether there are wrong techniques when it comes to using it. Sounds really dumb I know!
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed May 20, 2009 11:35 am

Not dumb at all - skin care stuff can be confusing, especially when it's new. For toner - I generally wash my face, then after I dry it, I splash the toner on. Some people use cotton wool or cotton rounds to apply it, and sometimes I put mine in a spray bottle and spray my face with it instead of splashing.

Then let the toner dry, and go on with my routine. Some people prefer to go on with their routine while their faces are still wet with toner, and most of the time that works, too, just with DMAE, which is what I use next, I've personally found it to act a litle better on dry skin.

So no real rules, except you want to put it on a clean face in whatever manner is easiest for you. Also, with the PRT, give the bottle a shake before you use it, since the oil tends to sink to the bottom.
Shirin

Post by Shirin » Wed May 20, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks Rhys,

so basically i should first wipe clean my face of the oil and dead skin before applying the toner. That way the dirt won't go back in the skin I suppose. Who wants to do it wrong and reverse all the good benefits! It's tricky, isn't it?
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed May 20, 2009 2:50 pm

I think you'll be fine if you just dry your face after you wash it and then put the toner on. As Karen said, the citrus oils in the toner will help to cut any remaining gunk, though i may be misreading you - are you saying that after you wash and dry your face it's still greasy?
Shirin

Post by Shirin » Wed May 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Well basically after i wash with that soap, my skin clears really, so I can see the oil coming out, as the salt opens my pores and act a biot as an exfoliant, so I was wondering how to use it after that. Also was wondering in general if it reacts ok with mineral salt.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed May 20, 2009 3:48 pm

No it shouldn't interact....I've actually put most of the Pore Refining Toner ingredients into batches of soap waaay back when, and it's been fine. The emulsifier in the toner is actually made to go into soap to make it nicer to your skin. Just wash, dry, tone- and you should be set!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Shirin

Post by Shirin » Wed May 20, 2009 6:03 pm

Thank you Karen!