zinc finishing powder vs perfecting powder?

sahrisafari

zinc finishing powder vs perfecting powder?

Post by sahrisafari » Wed May 20, 2009 5:02 am

has anyone used both and can compare them?

kitten1711

Re: zinc finishing powder vs perfecting powder?

Post by kitten1711 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:45 am

Hi,

the Perfecting Powder has a lighter texture in my opinion (it's much 'fluffier' than the zinc finishing powder, if that makes sense - think it's due to the silk content plus the silica makes it seem to 'flow' somehow ;) ) plus it helps to reduce the appearance of pores so makes you look really nicely pulled together, whether you wear it over foundation or just on bare skin. I use the Tempt Tryst variant which has golden undertones, gives a hint of 'glow' and suits my skintone well (I use mainly Buttery Gold with a touch of Olive to mix my foundation blend). It is not at all drying (thanks again to the silk) but soaks up a touch of excess oil (because of the ilica, I presume).

The zinc powder is heavier in consistency and on me (I'm medium/light skintone) I need to add some of my foundation base pigment to prevent my face looking a bit ashy. It feels a bit like the medium ivory foundation powder, to give you an idea of the texture, if you have that already. I know it doesn't have an spf and no one can claim that it does without FDA testing etc but the high % of zinc oxide & titanium dioxide means that it should give some sort of additional protection from the sun; plus zinc oxide is generally healing to the skin & does indeed feel nice, as Karen says in the product info. I use this over the top of a regular liquid sun protection product (which unfortunately leaves a slightly greasy sheen & white cast on my skin which I don't want), and now I've added the Buttery Gold to the zinc powder it gets rid of both issues in on go. If it does give a smidge of additional sun protection, then that's great, an added bonus so to speak 8-) .

Hope this helps.

Txx
sahrisafari

Re: zinc finishing powder vs perfecting powder?

Post by sahrisafari » Thu May 21, 2009 6:52 am

thanks kitten! that was really helpful!