What cleansing skincare product best for my skin?

Shirin

What cleansing skincare product best for my skin?

Post by Shirin » Sun May 17, 2009 6:33 am

I have been reading on the apricot oil and the kiss foamer and the orange pore toner, and I am confused!
They all sound like great products, however what product for which skin? The pore toner is best for dry skin it says and the apricot oil might clog my pores.

I have normal skin really. It is not dry nor oily I think. Because by using basic hydrator it looks neither dry nor oily. I don't even get a shiny T-zone.
I do get one hormonal pimple from time to time when it is that period of time. but that is really linked to hormones.
My pores are quite small. But i do have some whioteaheads on my cheeks and some blackheads on my nose but mostly chin. Again hormonal i suppose.

So what shoiuld i use to get really deep clean skin with no white or blackheads? Which product would suit me and not make me break up? I noticed with essential oils that in general my skin doesn't necesarily welcome oils. Argan oil was ok. Tea tree oil for exampe was a big bad match to my skin. Apricot oil might also not like my skin? What about the orange toner? It might not suit me as my skin isn't dry? Maybe a simple kiss foamer cleanser is best for me? But how can i get rid of the tiny blackheads on my nose and chin without hraming my kin? They come out quite easily after i cleanse my skin if I use my fingers actually, they aren't that deep.
JenW

Re: What cleansing skincare product best for my skin?

Post by JenW » Sun May 17, 2009 10:10 am

I am not the skincare expert, but I know a few things. Currently we have only two cleansers, Apricot Cleansing Oil and Kiss Cleanser, and the others you mention are toners that you would use after cleansing. Also, cleansers are usually not going to help much with cleansing the inside of the pore. They are usually just for getting the surface clean. I do recommend the KISS cleanser and a foamer bottle, especially if you are concerned about too much oil in the Apricot Cleansing Oil (I use this one for eyemakeup).

Some manual exfoliation in the Microdermabrasion will help with the blackheads. Another thing that will help are the AHA and BHA toners for a chemical exfoliation. Still stick to a maximum of three days total for exfoliation, both manual and chemical. Just for added information of those reading this post, the BHA toners are not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sun May 17, 2009 1:50 pm

I agree with Jen. Also, the pore refining toner isn't for dry skin only - it's for anyone, since most of us have dehydrated skin whether we're dry or oily. Dehydration means your skin doesn't get enough water, and that's true of just about everyone.

You might want to try samples of the cleansers and exfoliators. I can use cleansing oil, though I generally use regular soap. And I can use some AHAs including the one Karen makes, but BHAs and I historically don't get on. So it depends on your skin - just try the small sizes first and see what works best for you.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun May 17, 2009 2:13 pm

For you, my darling, ;) go for the Kiss Cleanser and maybe the Pore Refining toner if you're seeing a lot of blackheads etc. I think you'll get good results from the pore refining toner without the risk of the oils.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Shirin

Post by Shirin » Sun May 17, 2009 2:59 pm

Thanks a lot for your answers, :-).
I'll go for the kiss cleanser and the toner then.