Do I still need another layer of moisturiser?

pinkpomelo

Do I still need another layer of moisturiser?

Post by pinkpomelo » Sun May 17, 2009 6:08 am

I'm currently removing my make up with Apricot Cleansing Oil. If I don't have make up on (like in the mornings) then I wash in the shower with the Kiss Foaming Cleanser.

In the morning, I follow that up with Pore Refining Toner, Oil Control Serum on the t-zone, DMAE on the eyebags and around the mouth, and Aloe Vera Serum on the cheeks, neck and chest. Do I still need another layer of moisturizer over all of that? If I do, which one from SN would work?

Just FYI, in the night, I use the AHA serum, and a full face of Aloe Vera serum, with DMAE on the eyes and around the mouth. Same question: do I need another layer of moisturizer?

Currently, I do notice a difference in the look of my skin after I put foundation on -- the pores really disappear and the texture looks so smooth and dewy!
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
JenW

Re: Do I still need another layer of moisturiser?

Post by JenW » Sun May 17, 2009 9:33 am

I think it is one of those things that will differ from person to person. If you don't feel yo need more moisture, you probably don't. However, you might need something to seal in the moisture from the serums like an oil (the Apricot CO won't work here because of the emulsifiers) or a light moisturizer. I know Karen is working on a basic moisutrizer since we customize treatment with with serums.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
egerandi

Re: Do I still need another layer of moisturiser?

Post by egerandi » Sun May 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Like Jen said, it really depends on how your skin feels. In the mornings, when I don't need to use makeup, I don't usually add a layer of moisturizer. At nights, I just add a thin layer of carrier oil (right now, rice bran is my fav), pat it in, then spray with some water or hydrosol, pat that in again, and that's it. I used to layer it with some basic moisturizer, but I don't need that any more - the weather is changing, my skin is not as dry any more.