Any feedback on the Oatmeal Serum?

Aden

Any feedback on the Oatmeal Serum?

Post by Aden » Thu May 07, 2009 9:06 pm

I have been eyeing this one as I have quite dry skin, and am wanting something to use in the mornings. I use the Vit C at night and am loving it. Just can't decide between the Oatmeal and the Green Tea for morning, so any feedback would be great!
pinkpomelo

Re: Any feedback on the Oatmeal Serum?

Post by pinkpomelo » Thu May 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Eekypooh has both. I just called her. She can't reply herself cuz she doesn't have easy access to internet connection at the moment.

And i know she favors the oat meal one but only for the ingredients sake. According to her, both feel the same and give her the same results. But she just like the idea of the ingredients in the oatmeal serum. I tried the aloe vera serum and it feels so cooling. She says the oatmeal is the same feeling. Haha, I hope that helps.
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu May 07, 2009 10:29 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE the oatmeal serum. Much more soothing for a dry, sensitive complexion. my skin is really clearing up since I've started using it.

I've tried all of the serums and I must say, I keep going back to the Vit C for night and Oatmeal for day. They're all good, but those two are my favorites.

Oh, and for anybody with oily blemish prone skin I thought the Rose was pretty good... obviously everyone's skin is different but it seemed the most, what's the word... unobtrusive? does that even make any sense? it was nice and light.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri May 08, 2009 2:02 am

The Oatmeal is designed to be the most moisturizing...that's the one that I use when my skin gets dry. The oats really help to bring-in moisture from the air- and they're a film former so they lock it in. When I made it I had to keep adjusting the amount because it was drawing so much moisture that my skin always felt damp.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Aden

Post by Aden » Fri May 08, 2009 3:09 am

Thank you all for the replies. Looks like Oatmeal is the one for me!
kitten1711

Post by kitten1711 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:28 am

Hi Aden,

Sounds like you've got your answer already but thought I would add in my feedback too; like Zeebs, I have both the Oatmeal & VitC serums, but use mine the other way around (VitC under my sunscreen during the day for an added antioxidant kick without any additional 'weight') & Oatmeal at night on its own.

It feels lovely on my skin & I also liked the sound of the ingredients in this one rather than the Green Tea, despite the rave reviews. My skin is generally normal, with slightly drier cheeks & a touch of oiliness on my t zone by lunchtime; I have never been a fan of heavy night creams and for me this does just enough moisture-wise now that the weather is warmer.

HTH!!

Txx