My Silknaturals Collection......... so far

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Ghost

My Silknaturals Collection......... so far

Post by Ghost » Sat May 03, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi all

I think I have quite a bit of a collection from silknatural that i just had to take a photo and share it with you.

I have 41 shades of eyeshadow, 19 lipgloss/lipsticks the brush travel collection, ultimate eyeshadow brush (which is popping up in most stores now in england), baby kabuki, 3 samples of blush (could do with more me thinks), green & yellow corrector, mascara, dait bait sample, angel sample, foundation and finishing powder.

Now I'm sure other people have a larger collection then me *cough* *mikie* *cough*, I thought this would be a good place to show them off so I'll start.
Attachments
My collection
My collection
Silknatural 1.jpg (127.17 KiB) Viewed 3275 times
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
~*mikie*~

Re: My Silknaturals Collection......... so far

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat May 03, 2008 6:55 pm

*Nice*!!! Isn't it AMAZING what fun little sprinkles of this color & that color can do? Minerals are magic, no doubt about it! I was always *intimidated* by makeup & just wore a *small* touch of no-discernable-color eye makeup (but always cake eyeliner & mascara & lipstick). Didn't touch foundation or blush because I was terrified. No fooling! When BE was shown on QVC ~ & they only offered 3 colors,lol), I finally bit the bullet & took a chance ~ figured I had at least a 30% chance the color would be right. That was many, many, *many* mineral companies ago...but I've had a ball ever since. Minerals never go to waste! I've given away buckets of them!

It's fun seeing collections...it's like seeing a pic of old friends, you know? like Oh! There's my brushes! And Oh! She likes the same colors! And Oh! WHERE IS that color? LOL! If I ever get my collection *organized* so it's presentable, I'll take a pic!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat May 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Nice collection, Ghost! I agree with Mikie, that minerals are magic. I didn't wear much makeup before discovering them, either. I tried to like traditional makeup, because I thought I should. I just never thought the traditional stuff looked good, and it didn't feel all that great on my skin. I have tried several brands of mineral makeup, but I always kept using the Silk Naturals. It looks good and makes my skin feel good. I look forward to fluffing (as Mikie and Rhys call it) every day.

Yes I have a bunch of SN, but I really don't want to know what all I have. It keeps me from feeling guilty when I want more. :mrgreen:
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Mon May 05, 2008 12:11 am

ooooo- so pretty! I love knowing that others are as addicted as me- at least this addiction is good for your skin. lol.

I haven't taken a picture but my collection includes...

-30 lippies...no 33 lippies
-2 ultimate eyeshadow brushes, a baby buki, (I have the same flat top but not from SN)
-samples of all the blushes, 3 full size blushes, 2 sample glows
-3-4 sample perfecting powders (from kits) and 2 full size perfecting powders, sample love lure, oh and 3 FS foundations(kits) and probably 3-4 trial foundations(kits)
-And...how many eyeshadows...32?
-oh and the mascara...

ugh i have a delightful "problem" don't i? 'Least I'm not the only one! ;)

Jen- i was like you. I tried to like traditional makeup but i just couldn't. I found minerals a little over a year ago and the girly girl in me was unleashed. lol
Last edited by Xarata on Mon May 05, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon May 05, 2008 8:37 am

I feel the same way.

I can not use traditional makeup - its just not the same as mineral and better in the long run for your skin :D

Everytime I walk into boots and see those counter girls wearing pounds of makeup, it puts me off. I know they have to wear it to sell it but sometimes less is more!!!

Discovering SN was the best thing thats has ever happened. Before that a was a bit of a tom-boy, didn't wear a lick of makeup (mainly because I couldn't find a foundation to match my skin tone). But now I do and I get lots of compliments and feel better about myself all around.

Of cousre now I have a healthy and beautiful obsession about makeup and I confess to stalking the Silknaturals website everyday :twisted:

So Karen we salute you
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Mon May 05, 2008 1:58 pm

I think I've only got 22 lippies and some dupes. Wow, not very much compared to *some* people, though mine tend to go walkies, so I've had to replace quite a few :mrgreen:

Foundation, obviously.

F/S of all three perfecting powders.

F/S of three glows, and samples of the rest.

6 F/S blushes and samples of the rest.

All the brushes in duplicate except the big kabuki, and I've only got one baby buki (had two, but one went to somebody else).

Samples of the powder concealers, though I really don't use them.

60 eyeshadows.

Plus a couple of makeup bags, though those don't come anywhere close to holding my stash!