Apricot cleansing oil

Ghost

Re: Apricot cleansing oil

Post by Ghost » Thu May 21, 2009 2:15 pm

kitten1711 wrote:
sewwies wrote:Yeah I haven't been sleeping well, and the weathers all over the place at the moment! Once my skin's recovered I'll try using it just in the evenings and see how that works out! Fingers crossed, it's lovely to use
Hi sewwies,

I have used one brand of cleansing oil or other for a couple of years, and love that they remove all of my makeup really easily - even waterproof & long wearing formulas - without any rubbing or irritation, and no need for a separate eye make up remover. I only use oil cleanser in the evening though & find that my skin feels lovely once the oil rinses away, and usually don't need to use moisturiser before bed. Then I just splash my face with water in the morning (how dirty can I possibly get overnight?!) :lol:

My skin is normal/very slightly combo and I break out like clockwork every month; at those times I somehow don't feel quite clean enough so follow the cleansing oil step with a very mild foaming cleanser (I am loving Sainsbury's Organic You Refreshing Face Wash at the moment which smells zingy & lemony, 75% organic ingredients) as Cupcake also suggested, so on those days my oil cleanser works as more of a make up remover (or pre-cleanser), and the foaming wash cleanses my skin (clear as mud?! Hope that makes sense :D )........might seem daft to have 2 products next to the sink, but it means you can use whatever your skin needs as it changes with hormones, weather etc - plus if you don't use a cleanser in the morning you're still using the same volumes of product.

Txx
ooooooo that sainsbury's one sounds lovely kitten. Me thinks I'z needs to pop to sainbury's at lunch tomorrow and grab a bottle. But I am still going to buy the kiss cleaners when I get paid next week, but the sainsburys one sounds great until that arrives. At the mo I'm using the simple's foaming cleaners but it really drys out my skin grrrrrrr arrrrhg
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Thu May 21, 2009 3:16 pm

I bought the Simple cleanser, it's awful, but the face wipes are great when you're feeling lazy :)
~~Sarah~~
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:14 am

EDIT never mind. apparently I am searching-impaired. I found it.
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:46 am

karen wrote:It may be one of the other things that you added to your skin care- but oils are generally the most logical suspects. I'd say stop using it and see what happens- if you're still getting the blackheads you'll know it wasn't that. I do a lot of research and pick the ones that are least likely to clog pores, but there are people who just can't use certain oils. I don't think it's technique- there's no fighting basic chemistry.

Do you have a regular oil that you like?
I'm sorry that my reply is so delayed, Karen, but I needed some time to deduce what was going on.

Apricot kernel oil is actually the carrier oil that I used for my home brewed facial oil, and that never made me break out (of course, it was 3/4 apricot and 1/4 hazelnut (which is astringent) carrier plus a concoction of various essential oils to treat my special focal points), so this whole apricot oil clogging my pores made no sense to me whatsoever.

Then a thought occurred to me today-when I finish rinsing my face after using the ACO, my face still feels coated. I don't think it's because I am being a poor washer, rather I think that the culprit is my tap water. Hard and soft tap water causes different results, so maybe that's why? I live in Chicago so my tap water is Lake Michigan water. I've started slowly adding elements of my facial regimen back in, and I'm back to including ACO. After using it I wash my face with Dr Brommer's (hemp almond) and that combination seems to be working well. I'm planning on trying the KISS cleanser when I submit my next order, (I couldn't find the sample of KISS when I placed my last order!)

So, anyhoo, that's my pet theory at the moment.
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
Licketysplit

Post by Licketysplit » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:28 pm

Just want to jump in with more raves for the Apricot oil!

I only use this on my nose because I'm too afraid to try it over my whole face. But this has really helped to minimise the whiteheads on the side of my nose. Usually I'll try to sort of extract gunk with that metal thing, but it's a harsh method and the dirt comes back within two days. Using the oil is so much gentler and I wake up in the morning with a clean nose.

And because I'm paranoid about leaving oil behind, I follow up with a cleanser.

Thanks Karen for this wonderful product! I will order the full size soon.
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:48 pm

Licketysplit wrote:And because I'm paranoid about leaving oil behind, I follow up with a cleanser.
me too. but i use it on my whole face. niiiiice!
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
heavenlyfox

Post by heavenlyfox » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:15 pm

Ah! i love this cleanser!!!!!! Super at taking off all my eye makeup without fear of burning my eyes out! lol

Just curious... does anyone know if you can use the foamer for the ACO?

I know you can do the 30/70 mix for the KISS cleanser but just curious if you can do that with the ACO.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:59 pm

I think oil and water might not mix too well. But you could certainly try it with a small amount.
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:47 am

Emmy-

I don't think a foamer will work with Apricot Cleansing Oil. I would also be concerned about oil in the foamer chamber making it unusable for other cleansers. If you have an extra foamer, it might be worth a try.....
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
heavenlyfox

Post by heavenlyfox » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:19 pm

I did have an older foamer that i didn't mind if it died... but no no good... oil and foamer are not friends :)