Apricot cleansing oil

sewwies

Re: Apricot cleansing oil

Post by sewwies » Sun May 10, 2009 6:52 pm

I always use a conditioning mask but my hair still gets a bit flyaway, I'll definately try a towel! There are some girl's in the gym I go to who use platic bags... lol.
~~Sarah~~
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Sat May 16, 2009 2:50 am

Cupcake wrote:Yes, I agree with Faith. The Apricot Cleansing Oil washes clean away but it is fine to follow with a foaming cleanser if you feel you'd like to use one.

It is imperative to remove every trace of the oils you use to cleanse your skin with because they carry the dirt that you were trying to remove. Rubbing the residue back in is just madness if you think about it - you're rubbing in the muck which the oils were used to remove. I'm certain that this is the reason why the Oil Cleansing Method gets talked about so very much. So many people do it wrong and after a few weeks, impacted traces of dirt clog pores and cause breakouts. This refers to cleansing with oils which do not have an emulsifier to make them water soluble.

The Deep Cleansing Oil Karen sells here is 'ordinary' carrier oils, very familiar ones used very widely. I say ordinary because they're so familiar and because it's the emulsifier which makes this oil special by allowing it to wash off. It's no great mystery but it is a great product in that it gives all the benefits of oil cleansing with the peace of mind knowing that your skin is thoroughly clean. No fear of traces of dirt being left behind. Certainly, you can add a drop or two of another oil afterwards to moisturise, but never never ever use the cleansing oil residue rubbed in to moisturise the skin as that's just asking for breakouts.
I'm a bit confused. :? I've been using ACO to hopefully cleanse some blackheads/clogged pores that I've recently developed on my forehead-but they just seem to be getting much worse, not better! Maybe I have the technique wrong. Since I don't shower at night typically, I've just been using pouring a few drops into my hand and rubbing it into my face in a circular motion hoping that the friction will heat up my skin and aid the oil cleansing process and then rinse my face clean with lukewarm water. I end up using quite a bit of it (maybe 12 drops or so) each time I cleanse my face because I can't seem to get just a few drops to cover my whole face. Am I doing something wrong? :-/ I've made a lot of changes to my face all at once, so it may not be due to the ACO, but I feel far more uneasy about the process of using the ACO than I do about anything else that I have changed. Thanks in advance.
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat May 16, 2009 11:26 am

It may be one of the other things that you added to your skin care- but oils are generally the most logical suspects. I'd say stop using it and see what happens- if you're still getting the blackheads you'll know it wasn't that. I do a lot of research and pick the ones that are least likely to clog pores, but there are people who just can't use certain oils. I don't think it's technique- there's no fighting basic chemistry.

Do you have a regular oil that you like?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Sat May 16, 2009 1:41 pm

My skin's broken out horrendously these last 3 days and I think the oil may be the culprit, but when I was using it with the toners my skin was really improving! I'm just wondering whether to go back on it when my toner arrives or just to keep away for a bit. It was so lovely as well... sniff :( !
~~Sarah~~
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun May 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Oooh...could it be stress or hormones, or the change in the weather? I'd stop it for a while and see what happens- if you're skin is reacting it's always a good idea to pull back and add things back in gradually.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Sun May 17, 2009 3:01 pm

Yeah I haven't been sleeping well, and the weathers all over the place at the moment! Once my skin's recovered I'll try using it just in the evenings and see how that works out! Fingers crossed, it's lovely to use
~~Sarah~~
sahrisafari

Post by sahrisafari » Thu May 21, 2009 6:58 am

i never thought i would like the idea of an OIL cleanser because i have combination skin... but i LOVE THIS STUFF!!! i love that it leaves no oily residue and really gets all the makeup off. even eye make up... it is really convenient ! great stuff... can't wait to get the full size.
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Thu May 21, 2009 12:37 pm

karen wrote:It may be one of the other things that you added to your skin care- but oils are generally the most logical suspects. I'd say stop using it and see what happens- if you're still getting the blackheads you'll know it wasn't that. I do a lot of research and pick the ones that are least likely to clog pores, but there are people who just can't use certain oils. I don't think it's technique- there's no fighting basic chemistry.

Do you have a regular oil that you like?

That's the thing, I'm pretty sure that my skin is okay with apricot kernel oil. That's what I've used in the past with no issues. I don't know. I'm scaling back my skincare quite a bit and hopefully I'll find the culprit soon! ;)
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
kitten1711

Post by kitten1711 » Thu May 21, 2009 12:53 pm

sewwies wrote:Yeah I haven't been sleeping well, and the weathers all over the place at the moment! Once my skin's recovered I'll try using it just in the evenings and see how that works out! Fingers crossed, it's lovely to use
Hi sewwies,

I have used one brand of cleansing oil or other for a couple of years, and love that they remove all of my makeup really easily - even waterproof & long wearing formulas - without any rubbing or irritation, and no need for a separate eye make up remover. I only use oil cleanser in the evening though & find that my skin feels lovely once the oil rinses away, and usually don't need to use moisturiser before bed. Then I just splash my face with water in the morning (how dirty can I possibly get overnight?!) :lol:

My skin is normal/very slightly combo and I break out like clockwork every month; at those times I somehow don't feel quite clean enough so follow the cleansing oil step with a very mild foaming cleanser (I am loving Sainsbury's Organic You Refreshing Face Wash at the moment which smells zingy & lemony, 75% organic ingredients) as Cupcake also suggested, so on those days my oil cleanser works as more of a make up remover (or pre-cleanser), and the foaming wash cleanses my skin (clear as mud?! Hope that makes sense :D )........might seem daft to have 2 products next to the sink, but it means you can use whatever your skin needs as it changes with hormones, weather etc - plus if you don't use a cleanser in the morning you're still using the same volumes of product.

Txx
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Thu May 21, 2009 1:51 pm

kitten1711 wrote:
sewwies wrote:Yeah I haven't been sleeping well, and the weathers all over the place at the moment! Once my skin's recovered I'll try using it just in the evenings and see how that works out! Fingers crossed, it's lovely to use
Hi sewwies,

I have used one brand of cleansing oil or other for a couple of years, and love that they remove all of my makeup really easily - even waterproof & long wearing formulas - without any rubbing or irritation, and no need for a separate eye make up remover. I only use oil cleanser in the evening though & find that my skin feels lovely once the oil rinses away, and usually don't need to use moisturiser before bed. Then I just splash my face with water in the morning (how dirty can I possibly get overnight?!) :lol:

My skin is normal/very slightly combo and I break out like clockwork every month; at those times I somehow don't feel quite clean enough so follow the cleansing oil step with a very mild foaming cleanser (I am loving Sainsbury's Organic You Refreshing Face Wash at the moment which smells zingy & lemony, 75% organic ingredients) as Cupcake also suggested, so on those days my oil cleanser works as more of a make up remover (or pre-cleanser), and the foaming wash cleanses my skin (clear as mud?! Hope that makes sense :D )........might seem daft to have 2 products next to the sink, but it means you can use whatever your skin needs as it changes with hormones, weather etc - plus if you don't use a cleanser in the morning you're still using the same volumes of product.

Txx
I've ordered the big Kiss cleanser now and I've got another little bottle of the oil so I'll definately have a go!! Thanks!
~~Sarah~~