Apricot cleansing oil

Cupcake

Re: Apricot cleansing oil

Post by Cupcake » Sat May 09, 2009 8:11 am

jobean wrote:Ok, i might be being a bit noobish but how does this work. Do i just put some in my hand then rub it all over my face and then rinse off?
Hi Jobean :) Yes, basically. It is simple, familiar carrier oils which deeply cleanse out the pores and the 'magic' is that it has an emulsifier which makes the oil rinse clean away. It's very simple but that makes is so suitable for everyone, easy to customise by adding your own essential oils etc if you want to. It makes the skin feel lovely. No harsh hot-cloth buffing like with OCM (when done properly), no skin damage or broken capillaries from the hot water. It just rinses clean away but without the dodgy side effects which come from traditional methods of removing an oil-cleanse. I'd heartily recommend trying it.
chaye

Post by chaye » Sat May 09, 2009 9:20 am

This oil sounds like Fancl Mild Cleansing oil that emulsifies and washes off. I surely buy if it is a cheaper version of Fancl. :P
Lover of Tempt Tryst
patmatt37

Post by patmatt37 » Sat May 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Absolutely love the aprico6 cleansing oil!! When will it be available for purchase?
jobean

Post by jobean » Sat May 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Cupcake wrote:
jobean wrote:Ok, i might be being a bit noobish but how does this work. Do i just put some in my hand then rub it all over my face and then rinse off?
Hi Jobean :) Yes, basically. It is simple, familiar carrier oils which deeply cleanse out the pores and the 'magic' is that it has an emulsifier which makes the oil rinse clean away. It's very simple but that makes is so suitable for everyone, easy to customise by adding your own essential oils etc if you want to. It makes the skin feel lovely. No harsh hot-cloth buffing like with OCM (when done properly), no skin damage or broken capillaries from the hot water. It just rinses clean away but without the dodgy side effects which come from traditional methods of removing an oil-cleanse. I'd heartily recommend trying it.
Thankyou for the help. I tried it tonight. I think i will really like this, i have already been using a vitemin e oil to moisturise after cleansing and toning and that has improved my skin so maybe this will help more!!
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Sun May 10, 2009 3:21 am

chaye wrote:This oil sounds like Fancl Mild Cleansing oil that emulsifies and washes off. I surely buy if it is a cheaper version of Fancl. :P
I've tried the Fancl oil. Yes, its very expensive but the reason why I LOVE the Apricot Cleansing Oil is because unlike Fancl's version, this one doesn't get into my eyes and give me a weird oily feel in my eyes.

I couldn't use the Fancl one to wash the liner off my waterline because it would get into my eyes and for hours after that, I'd sort of have a ever so slight hazy feel in my vision. Also, some ladies would disagree, but for me, I still had to use a foaming cleanser after that. But with the Apricot Cleansing Oil, I can go without. I'm trying to break out of the foaming cleanser habit, and I've done away with it for the last 3 nights, using solely the Apricot Cleansing Oil.

Two thumbs up for the ACO!!
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sun May 10, 2009 6:08 am

Yes, I agree with Faith. The Apricot Cleansing Oil washes clean away but it is fine to follow with a foaming cleanser if you feel you'd like to use one.

It is imperative to remove every trace of the oils you use to cleanse your skin with because they carry the dirt that you were trying to remove. Rubbing the residue back in is just madness if you think about it - you're rubbing in the muck which the oils were used to remove. I'm certain that this is the reason why the Oil Cleansing Method gets talked about so very much. So many people do it wrong and after a few weeks, impacted traces of dirt clog pores and cause breakouts. This refers to cleansing with oils which do not have an emulsifier to make them water soluble.

The Deep Cleansing Oil Karen sells here is 'ordinary' carrier oils, very familiar ones used very widely. I say ordinary because they're so familiar and because it's the emulsifier which makes this oil special by allowing it to wash off. It's no great mystery but it is a great product in that it gives all the benefits of oil cleansing with the peace of mind knowing that your skin is thoroughly clean. No fear of traces of dirt being left behind. Certainly, you can add a drop or two of another oil afterwards to moisturise, but never never ever use the cleansing oil residue rubbed in to moisturise the skin as that's just asking for breakouts.
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Sun May 10, 2009 2:19 pm

What about using the oil in a sauna? I'd quite like something to really get into my pores while they're so open but I'm a bit worried about rubbish sweatiness back into my skin lol
~~Sarah~~
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun May 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Either before or after a sauna might be good- before to get the pores open, or after to help get the remaining gunk out. In the sauna depends on how you sauna...I rinse off pretty frequently because DH is Finnish, and I can't take the heat as well as he does- usually I put any treatments on after I've been sweating for a while- in my last "heat soak" before the final rinse.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Sun May 10, 2009 5:54 pm

I have a few cold shower stops, I'm a wimp with the heat! I was using the oil before and the pore refining toner after, but using the oil after makes a bit more sense to get rid of all the nasties that didn't quite find their way out.
~~Sarah~~
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun May 10, 2009 6:27 pm

I've been using OCM without emulsifier prior to trying the one from SN: rub the oil (olive or jojoba with a 1:3 or 1:4 ration of castile for better cleaning) into dry skin, then cover my face with a steamy towel and leave it on for lil bit - just wait for the towel to cool down. Wipe off, repeat the steamy towel and wipe off rest. I usually follow up with toner, but never needed the extra cleanser, the steaming and wiping takes care of it. I know I don't because I've been doing this for about 4 months, and my pores are fine.

The SN one is nice because it's more convenient and leaves my skin just as smooth and clean, although the steaming step is kinda cool if you have a few extra minutes. Oh, and the wiping part usually causes a bit of manual exfoliation, so with the SN version I can use it every day without having to count that towards my manual exfo.

I love the sauna, btw. I got a tip last time I was there from an old Korean lady (there are tons of inexpensive Korean spas in the LA area): rub some deep conditioner (I would think natural oils would work just as well) into your hair and cover with a towel. Multitasking :D