Apricot cleansing oil

kitten1711

Apricot cleansing oil

Post by kitten1711 » Wed May 06, 2009 4:14 am

All I can say is WOW :D absolutely love this stuff.

I have used both Origins & L'Occitane Almond/Apple face cleansing oil previously but love the way that the SN version does not have a scent, uses luxurious apricot & grapeseed oils and of course contains minimal ingredients.

I KNOW other ladies have raved about it elsewhere on the forum (but in my bleary eyed state this morning couldn't find the posts for the life of me so apologies if this is a duplicate).

Is this going to be an addition to the permanent line, and if so, when?!!!

ETA: My use of eyeshadows & blush, despite my love for them, is pretty slow; whereas I get through a cleanser every month or two so would be a very regular purchaser, promise :lol:

Txx
Cupcake

Re: Apricot cleansing oil

Post by Cupcake » Wed May 06, 2009 7:23 am

I couldn't agree more. My initial reaction is mild concern over what the shipping charges might be for fluids, but in small bottles that could work out okay. The performance of the product itself is excellent. The base oils are very familiar and held no surprises, but the wash-off emulsifier is a revelation to me and makes my dream of a wash-off oil cleanser a very practical reality. It works every bit as well as I'd hoped. My personal choice of oils would be jojoba (yes, I know it's a wax, not an oil) so that I could add my custom blends of essential oils to them. There are several oils which would suit folks, too, for varying reasons. I see so much potential in a product like this Deep Cleansing Oil. In the absence of being able to source emulsifier to make my own, this would be an ideal second-best option, and although I say "second-best to making my own", that still far exceeding anything currently available to me in the UK.
Elaine

Post by Elaine » Wed May 06, 2009 8:54 am

I hope Karen adds this to the line permanently - I love using a cleansing oil and this one is great! I would definitely buy this on a regular basis.
Anne

Post by Anne » Wed May 06, 2009 9:07 am

I actually raved about it right here
http://www.silknaturals.com/forum/viewt ... =924#p8258
as you can see I'm totally with you Kitten!

And I think there can't be too much raving about it, I'm sure it will help to make it part of the regular skincare line ;)
kitten1711

Post by kitten1711 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:47 am

I KNEW I'd see it somewhere!!!! Thanks Anne (thought I was going crackers there for a while) :lol:
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Wed May 06, 2009 9:57 am

I love how it emulsifies off too!
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
naturlovecat

Post by naturlovecat » Thu May 07, 2009 11:06 am

I just received Apricot Cleansing Oil along with some pretty eyeshadows and other stuff today. :) I am going to use the Oil tomorrow night but I have a question here; does it work for removing cream blush? I got Wonderful, which is absolutely gorgeous, but I am not sure if the Oil works on it as cream blush contains Cyclomethicone....
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Thu May 07, 2009 1:10 pm

I just use the oil tonite. It took out all my make up, even the tough water resistant mascara. And it didn't sting my eyes! And I really went all the way to my waterline to get out the liner. And there wasn't a greasy feeling when I washed it all off! Out of force of habit, I finished up with a foaming cleanser -- SN's Kiss Cleanser. It was nice. I wish it had a scent to it but I know with scents, its very iffy. Some ppl will like it, others will hate it.
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
naturlovecat

Post by naturlovecat » Thu May 07, 2009 9:35 pm

pinkpomelo, thanks so much for replying. that sounds great!! now i can use it w/o worrying about any makeup left on my skin. :)
jobean

Post by jobean » Sat May 09, 2009 7:32 am

Ok, i might be being a bit noobish but how does this work. Do i just put some in my hand then rub it all over my face and then rinse off?