I <3 Facelife + Rose serums; or other great uses for those

freesilk

I <3 Facelife + Rose serums; or other great uses for those

Post by freesilk » Mon May 04, 2009 2:14 pm

I'm so excited and so I just had to share! Since receiving my order of Facelift I've been using it not only on my face, but also on my neck, chest, breasts and the backs of my hands. After applying that and waiting for it to dry, I've been following up with the rose serum on my non-face skin.

Let me tell you, after only a few days, I can already tell the difference-especially on the skin on my hands and breasts. I highly, highly, highly recommend this to anyone and everyone!

The reason that I started to do this is because it seems that as women age, most tend to focus on their face and forget about their hands, neck and chest and it's those things which give their true age away!

Anyhoo, I do have a quick question-I'm planning on ordering an extra bottle of rose serum to carry around with me in order to apply it on the backs of my hands after washing my hands but I'm also interested in protecting my hands from the sun. Would it effect the rose serum if I put some zinc oxide in it?

Thanks!
Sonia
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
Anne

Re: I <3 Facelife + Rose serums; or other great uses for those

Post by Anne » Mon May 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Thank you for the reminder, Sonia!

Every now and then, while applying my body lotion, I think should really start taking better care of my neck and chest...
I turned 30 a few months ago, and I've seen my skin change in the past last months (not for the best obviously!)

Thanks to you, I'll be applying my anti aging facecream on my neck tonight...
And I'll be giving the facelift & rose serums a serious thought!!!
marina16

Post by marina16 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:26 pm

I've been using the facelift on my stomach ;) lately. It's been only about three times so far so I can't tell if there's a difference, but I thought hey, might as well give it a try. After having 3 babies I'd be happy with anything that works, lol.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue May 05, 2009 5:27 pm

That's soo cool! You're absolutely right- a lot of women skip further down, and when they get older they have fantastic faces, but if they're wearing a v-neck you can really guess their age. Even at 32 I have a lot more damage to the area exposed by a v-neck- and it does look a bit older (that and oddly enough- my right knee from sitting cross-legged in the sun). I've been trying to get better about putting my serums on right when I get out of the shower so I don't miss my upper chest- and it seems to be helping.

My hands are fantastic though...each product I make gets rubbed onto my skin as a final quality control check- and the combination of all of the actives, and the oils from the lippies- I almost never need lotion.

Marina- I'll try it on mine too! I'm not 100% sure it will do much- older ones are really tough to get rid of once they turn silver, but they do fade quite a bit over time. I know massage is supposed to help too.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Wed May 06, 2009 9:53 am

Marina- I felt like the facelift + rose serum combination helped with the old stretch marks on my breasts-that's why I was applying the serums there! Maybe it's just that the skin is more moisturized, but it feels a lot smoother to the touch. I'm excited to see what the long term effects of using it will be!
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
krenee

Post by krenee » Thu May 07, 2009 8:23 pm

karen wrote:That's soo cool! You're absolutely right- a lot of women skip further down, and when they get older they have fantastic faces, but if they're wearing a v-neck you can really guess their age. Even at 32 I have a lot more damage to the area exposed by a v-neck- and it does look a bit older (that and oddly enough- my right knee from sitting cross-legged in the sun). I've been trying to get better about putting my serums on right when I get out of the shower so I don't miss my upper chest- and it seems to be helping.

My hands are fantastic though...each product I make gets rubbed onto my skin as a final quality control check- and the combination of all of the actives, and the oils from the lippies- I almost never need lotion.

Marina- I'll try it on mine too! I'm not 100% sure it will do much- older ones are really tough to get rid of once they turn silver, but they do fade quite a bit over time. I know massage is supposed to help too.
I wish I could do what you do for my hands. My handwashing is over the top usually (I work in a surgery center) and with this flu scare, I've stepped it up even more. My hands are as bad as the middle of winter at the moment, seriously. UGH.
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Thu May 07, 2009 8:46 pm

krenee, i don't know if you use alcohol gel but that stuff makes my hands soooo dry, stick to soap and water! and if you don't already, see about taking your own creamier soap to work, and moisturise aaaallll the time! dry patches harbour bacteria.. but i really wish there was something magical for hospital hands, i'm not back there till the end of the month, i'm making the most of having nails! i might try popping some of the oatmeal serum in with a moisturiser when i go back...
~~Sarah~~
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri May 08, 2009 1:55 am

Hospital hands get pretty bad- Moisture Magic as a night treatment could help...the oat extract really helps to soothe- kind of on the order of urea, but without it being urea. The serum should do the same thing- but without the oils. It's tough to formulate for nurses because they're really rough on their hands, they go through buckets of lotion so it has to be inexpensive, and there are sterility issues to contend with- so you can't use some of the really good natural things like honey. I'm a frequent hand washer, but I rub so much stuff into them that I'm pretty well protected.

The other thing I'm really in love with at the moment is extra virgin coconut oil- I'm working on a multi-purpose balm with it, but whenever I get an oil I rub it into my skin straight to see what happens. With the EVCO I was wearing it from head to toe because it's addicting.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Fri May 08, 2009 9:37 am

We're encouraged to use hand creams, there are really basic moisturisers next to the hand washes, but they tend to be a little bit greasy. I work in x-ray so you're touching patients all the time and its not nice if you feel squidgy! I'll definately try some moisture magic :)
~~Sarah~~
krenee

Post by krenee » Fri May 08, 2009 6:27 pm

I agree - where I work we have alcohol foam and it is killer. I always have cracks in my hands so it burns. I think I am about the only one who doesn't use it. We are supposed to use the soap and lotion they provide at work. They actually have a decent lotion made from Olivamine? at work (it's a medical supply lotion) that does an okay job. But of course it isn't feasible when you wash your hands 100's of times per day to put that on every time. I think I border on the edge of being a compulsive handwasher. I go through tons of hand soap at home too.
I may try the oatmeal serum and/or Moisture Magic at night, and see if I can get them healed up. Of course I just placed an order, and was so worried about dance recital makeup that I only managed to throw in a sample of DMAE serum (I had some moisturizer a while back that had SynColl in it and I could tell it helped with the little wrinkles I am starting to get around my left eye) but nothing else. I'll have to get the others in my next order.