I NEED Kiss Cleanser. lol

Xarata

I NEED Kiss Cleanser. lol

Post by Xarata » Mon May 04, 2009 2:16 am

I had broken out my precious final reserve of Sarafina Foaming Cleanser for the warmer weather and was comparing it to the new kiss cleanser (which seems slightly thicker but has the same smell and *clean* feeling without overdrying) and Bob stole the Sarafina bottle and whisked it away to the shower for use with a loofah. I swear he used a quarter of the reserve in one shower! (and it's a BIG bottle) Must...replenish...stock... lol.

I love this cleanser because I don't like oil/lotion cleansing in the summer. Sometimes you just need a little tougher love when you're sweating to high heaven. I could never use foamy drugstore cleansers because they dry me out and my skin would react to the harshness. The Kiss Cleanser sudses up nicely, smells clean, and leaves my skin soft, smooth, and refreshed- like no matter how dirty the day was I'm finally clean. It doesn't leave a residue and it doesn't harsh my skin either. With the sample, I just need a little drop for my whole face-about a quarter inch dab.

I do like a foaming pump bottle but I'm pretty sure that I could just thin it with a little water and use my own pump bottle with the same effect. If it does get released, I'm going to have to buy it in jugs to keep my fiancee fully stocked (and keep his paws off mine! lol)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
JenW

Re: I NEED Kiss Cleanser. lol

Post by JenW » Mon May 04, 2009 2:20 am

I use a foaming bottle with mine and it works well. (In fact I think it is one that my sample of foaming cleanser came in from Serafina a while back.) I am definitely going to need more KISS cleanser, too!!! ;)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Anne

Post by Anne » Mon May 04, 2009 3:33 am

Do you girls use the cleanser instead of the oil?
If you do, is it enough to remove all your make up properly? (not talking about the eyes)

I often heard that you're supposed to remove your make up then cleanse, which is what I do...
So I use my cleansing oil to remove make up + a cleanser...

But I wouldn't mind making my evening routine a bit shorter!
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon May 04, 2009 5:46 am

I have just been using the KISS cleanser on my face (my routine is: wet skin, use a few squirts from a foamer...with the cleanser diluted by half, massage into my skin, and rinse with cool water). It removes all of my makeup just fine, and I have been careful with it around my eyes. I plan to try the oil cleanser on my eyemakeup tonight.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon May 04, 2009 7:57 am

I really like the Kiss Cleanser for all the things that it's not: it's not drying, harsh, stripping, it doesn't leave the skin tight, it's not an overly-fussy blend that I will worry about using when my skin reacts to something and must be treated gently. I used the Deep Cleansing Oil first and deliberately tried the Kiss Cleanser straight afterwards to see if it would over-dry out my skin by using it inappropriately harshly. No! It left my skin peachy soft and smooth. I don't like or dislike the scent although I cannot figure what it is as it smells a bit like the memory of childhood school soaps! I think it's a great little product, simple and understated but dependable.
Anne

Post by Anne » Mon May 04, 2009 8:18 am

Thank you for your answers!

I won't bother using both from now on...
JenW wrote:I plan to try the oil cleanser on my eyemakeup tonight.
I tried the oil, and boy do I hope Karen will release it soon!!!
It's amazing, I honestly think it's the best I ever tried!
I tried it on quite a heavy eye make up with plenty of shadow, liner & mascara, everything was gone in a few seconds, no rubbing at all, no "oily veil" feeling while removing the make up, so quick & easy! And you need so little product!
I love it.
I hope you'll love it as much as I do!

(only trouble now, I have to through a whole bottle of cleansing oil I bought just before it was put up on the site as the new GWP... But I don't want to, I want to use Karen's *weeps like a baby*)
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon May 04, 2009 8:39 am

My preference of the two cleansers is the Oil. We can't buy that emulsifier here (I wish, sooo hard!) and nothing appropriate for home-blending. Oh if only we could, I'd love a basic jojoba oil and emulsifier blend I could add my essential oils to...

But for quick, easy, gentle, simple, nothing-dodgy-to-irritate, straight-forward cleansing - these two cleansers are awesome.
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Tue May 05, 2009 3:35 am

Anne wrote:(only trouble now, I have to through a whole bottle of cleansing oil I bought just before it was put up on the site as the new GWP... But I don't want to, I want to use Karen's *weeps like a baby*)
I know the feeling! I have a whole bottle of "another brand" oil make up remover, plus cream cleansers! i'm almost tempted to pass the lot to my friends, but I want them to be SN fans too...
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait