Scar healing?

freesilk

Scar healing?

Post by freesilk » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:24 am

I have quite a few acne scars on my cheeks and forehead (though SN definitely helps me camouflage them well!) and I am going to try a regimen of the microdermabrasion cream, AHA & BHA toners to try to minimize the appearance of scars and get me back to my smooth pre-acne skin. Anyways, that just had me thinking that I'm probably not the only one dealing with acne scars and I bet a product aimed at reducing and healing those scars would probably sell very well.
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
Rhys

Re: Scar healing?

Post by Rhys » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:53 am

Actually the Vit C serum and the DMAE serum both have Syncoll in them as an active, and that's supposed to help regenerate collagen - so those might be of use.
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Thanks Rhys! Good to know! I use those as well. That may be another selling point, Karen!
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:37 pm

Yeah, definitely vitamin C. Vitamin E is pretty good, too
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri May 01, 2009 1:07 am

Pretty much anything that increases the rate of cell turnover will help with scarring- it won't heal them 100% without using things that you can only really get from a Derm, but you're on the right track for some improvement. The only other piece of the puzzle is retinol- I'm working on a little something now, but it needs a lot more testing locally before we release it.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Mon May 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Thanks Karen! I'll definitely keep my eye out for it!