Self Tanner??

karen
Site Admin

Self Tanner??

Post by karen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:47 am

My legs are so white they're purple and they don't tan ever....I try to be grateful for every well-functioning body part that I have, but my ghosty legs are the one "I'd pay any amount of money to fix this" HG quest. I've tried quite a few self tanners and they always make me orange- no matter how much I pay or how carefully I apply them.

I was shopping for actives and bought some self tanner stuff- the regular old DHA and then this other stuff that's derived from raspberries. The combo of the 2 makes a lovely, even golden-brown tan. It takes a couple of days for the full effect to show up, but my legs actually look like they belong on a human being!!!

The formulas I make for me are always a little "duct tape and bailing twine" slapped together things- just to see how something works. I'm perfectly content to just keep it to myself, but I can't make something cool without at least offering to share. It would need some tweaks before it made it to the site.

Would you be interested in a good self tanner? The raspberry stuff isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination- it's on par with some of the potent wrinkle fighters as far as price but it actually works!

If you would like a self tanner- would you want it for just your body or for your face too?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
rubycat95

Re: Self Tanner??

Post by rubycat95 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:17 am

Oooh, I would LOVE a good self-tanner! I've tried a few of them and they are ok, but nothing to write home about. I'd definitely use one for both body and face......and if they could be one in the same that would be great-less stuff to store, haul around, etc. Thanks Karen!
kitten1711

Post by kitten1711 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:22 am

Excellent !!!!! What a great idea :idea: I would love to see a more natural version as I have stopped using self tan in recent times to avoid all the nasty chemicals. And something without that traditional orangey tone would definitely be a winner :D

Personally speaking I only ever use self tanner on my face; I have melasma & just apply it to the lighter coloured areas to help it 'blend in' & match up better with the rest of my skin.

Looking forward to all of your lovely skin care concoctions 8-) !!!!!

Txx
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:36 am

(Raises hand) Meeeeeeee!!!!!! :D

I always have much darker arms than legs. I would love to try a more natural version of a self tanner, too!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
chataleen

Post by chataleen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:41 am

Count me in!

I wear self tanners year round...body and face.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:42 am

I'd also vote yes on behalf of countless folks I've met on and off line over the years who cannot find a decent self-tanner. For myself, I've never tanned (real or fake) so I wouldn't be interested, but oh gosh, the thought of a usable, likable self-tanner is a lot of people's dream, let alone one with natural ingredients. There really would be a stampede for that!

Thumbs up, great brainwave 8-)
Anne

Post by Anne » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:47 am

I would absolutely jump on it :)

Seriously, my legs are always paler than my body, and it gets worse during summertime, because I get a tan on the upper part of my body pretty easily, bit it seems like my legs are allergic to sun exposures, they hardly tan and I get red spots that take ages to go away...

I've been looking for a good self tanner for years and just like you never found one that gives me a nice tan, they all (even the most expensive ones) make my legs look so "fake tanned"...

Can't wait for your to be released, ready to pay the price!
Anne

Post by Anne » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:52 am

Oh and I forgot to add, I never use self tanner on my face...
But maybe, if I found a good one, I would put a little on my face before I get a chance to get a natural tan!
So I think a 2 in 1 product would be great, if possible.
ticklemytentoes

Post by ticklemytentoes » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Oh my gosh1 Count me in. I have pasty white legs most of the time and would love to have some color. I would use body and face tanner. Just when I think every topic has been covered, another ingenious idea surfaces. Gotta love this place.... :)
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Heh, I thought I was the only one out there with pasty legs! Yes, please, I would love to try some!