2% BHA Tonic

egerandi

2% BHA Tonic

Post by egerandi » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:21 pm

According to Karen: "The other place where BHA shines is after any sort of hair removal- I always take it with me when I go get waxed. It really really stings for the first minute or so, but after that you won't get nearly as many in-growns, and it does take away some of the post wax pain. "

Do you use it with a cotton ball and swipe over the areas or no cotton ball? Also, would this help on male face after shaving? My BF gets ingrowns and breaks out after shaving (although some of that already exists under the growing beard) - would that be too harsh and direct? He's been trying different stuff, but anything that would help make it less irritated after shaving would be welcome.
karen
Site Admin

Re: 2% BHA Tonic

Post by karen » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:18 pm

It should help! It's pretty much like Tend Skin but without the alcohol. What BHA does is help dead skin cells shed so when the hair grows back it's easier for it to force its way to the surface. The first minute or so it's highly unpleasant, but after that it seems to calm-down irritation, and prevent the in-growns.

Have you tried an aspirin mask on him? It's essentially the same thing...this is just pre-mixed and easier to use.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Ooops forgot to mention- I put it on with a cotton pad- so that the stubble doesn't shred the cotton ball. I get the quilted kind because they seem to absorb less stuff, and seem to hold up the best.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Gotcha, thanks! I haven't tried aspirin mask, but I bough some BHA powder a while back, just never got around mixing it up. I'll be sure to get the gumball and some quilted cotton pads.
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:58 am

just wondering: does this help with hair that's already ingrown?? I'm thinking I want to use them on my legs. Years of shaving have led to horrible ingrown hairs!!!!
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:08 am

I'm actually trying it on my legs now! I'll report back in a few days.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:37 am

I read this a few days ago, and completely forgot about it! Essentially he says to use a 1 or 2 bladed razor instead of the newer 3,4, or 5 blades because they don't cut as far into the pore, and it helps prevent ingrowns.

http://thedermblog.com/2008/05/08/how-t ... and-women/