Rhys's Blog

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Rhys

Rhys's Blog

Post by Rhys » Fri May 02, 2008 1:53 pm

Okay - so I had my surgery, and my eyesight and concentration came back enough so that I can read books again - cause for celebration!

I used to be a writer back before all this hit, and I'm trying to work my way back to that. Hence my blog - Confessions of a Freaky Fortuneteller - clicky is in my sig. It's mostly about the Lenormand deck, which is a spiffy little German oracle that I stumbled across when i was living in France years ago.

I'm trying to keep it light and fun and hopefully interesting - there's not a lot of information on Lenormand out there in English, so I thought I'd give it a go. The writing isn't exactly publishable quality yet, but hey - it's a start - and the card combos do require some thinking.

So, come visit if you like - and I'm not averse to doing a few readings (if you'll let me post them, with identifying details stripped, of course). Possibly a strange way to get one's mind working again, but I never claimed to be normal :mrgreen:

Cheers -
Rhys
~*mikie*~

Re: Rhys's Blog

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Fri May 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Interesting, Rhys! Visited & will do so again! Keeping your mind busy is a grand thing!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Fri May 02, 2008 6:39 pm

I read your blog and I was not aware of that type of cards. I had a deck of Traditional Tarot Rider Waite cards (many types of tarot cards). I don't know where it is :? Also another deck that was a gift that has never been used.

I have been to tarot card readers in the past; 20 - 25 years ago. While I don't think they predicated the future, I certainly think they suggested possibilities. One in particular that I saw twice approximately twenty years ago was amazing with her details.
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat May 03, 2008 12:16 am

Rhys,
I remember you mentioning this. It is a facinating study! I know I had a Great-Great Aunt that was a 'professional' reader, but never really understood the whole art. It is definitley an art, and one that has not always been valued. If you ever need material, I am open!!!! Thanks for showing us a little more of you!

P.S. I am so thankful you are on the mend. Rest well, Friend.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat May 03, 2008 2:40 pm

It's a fun thing to do, however you choose to take it. La Lenormand was a pretty interesting character, as well - she's the fortuneteller who started tarting up with turbans, kilos of gold jewelry, and the whole 'cross my palm with silver' thing - and here we blame it on the gypsies!

I wonder what her makeup looked like? Monsieur Bourjois wouldn't have invented the first baked powder blush until 1863, which was about 20 years after she died - I bet she wore greasepaint.

I'm certain she didn't invent the cards - they're way too German in structure. Like the German word for glove is hand-schue - a shoe for the hand :) That's the kind of logic that pervades the cards - a word from one tacks onto a word from the next, like Coffin (sickness) + RIder (car) means your car is sick - so it needs repairs. Reading the whole 36 is a real challenge because that's when you get into the full grammar. I do enjoy it - my mind likes those kinds of patterns, and it's a lot of fun.